Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
capt wink

LG LSC27950ST refrigerator sticking solenoid

4 posts in this topic

Purchased in 2007. Ice maker and door circuit board replaced in March 2011 by technician. Jan 2013 solenoid started opening and shutting on it's own and stuck open on it's on. Melted the solenoid and plastic arm going to the heated ice flapper door. Replaced the circuit board in the door, the solenoid and ice dispenser door Jan 2013.  Aug 2013 the dispenser light started blinking on and off and the ice door flap / solenoid started opening and shutting on its own again.  I unplugged the solenoid but it was too late it melted the plastic arm going to the dispenser door again. I put a volt meter on the mother board at the solenoid contact point, opened the door several times to check for a wiring short, did not appear to have one. Aside from the now bad solenoid and ice dispenser door I feel I might need a new mother board, which seems to control the ice dispenser. The ice maker, freezer, refrigerator and the controls on the door seem to work fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. No one within 70 miles of my home will touch an LG.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Replace all three parts, the solenoid, the ice door and the motherboard.

Next time buy something somebody is willing to service, like a Whirlpool or Frigidaire.

Thanks for the info. LG received some of the best reviews in 2007, however the reviews failed to mention follow up support.

Reviews from who?