Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG LSC27950ST refrigerator sticking solenoid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 capt wink

capt wink

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:bud lite

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Purchased in 2007. Ice maker and door circuit board replaced in March 2011 by technician. Jan 2013 solenoid started opening and shutting on it's own and stuck open on it's on. Melted the solenoid and plastic arm going to the heated ice flapper door. Replaced the circuit board in the door, the solenoid and ice dispenser door Jan 2013.  Aug 2013 the dispenser light started blinking on and off and the ice door flap / solenoid started opening and shutting on its own again.  I unplugged the solenoid but it was too late it melted the plastic arm going to the dispenser door again. I put a volt meter on the mother board at the solenoid contact point, opened the door several times to check for a wiring short, did not appear to have one. Aside from the now bad solenoid and ice dispenser door I feel I might need a new mother board, which seems to control the ice dispenser. The ice maker, freezer, refrigerator and the controls on the door seem to work fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. No one within 70 miles of my home will touch an LG.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Replace all three parts, the solenoid, the ice door and the motherboard.

Next time buy something somebody is willing to service, like a Whirlpool or Frigidaire.

Scott Wolf

#3 capt wink

capt wink

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:bud lite

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the info. LG received some of the best reviews in 2007, however the reviews failed to mention follow up support.

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Reviews from who? 

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics