Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
dave01978

Dishwasher wont drain

8 posts in this topic

I have a whirlpool DU912PFGB0 That does not drain, I cant tell if the pump is pumping, The hose was not clogged, no garbage disposal, not sure if there is a check valve in there somewhere?

Any Help, or even service manual would be greatly appriciated,

Thanks,

Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

31xq.jpg

There is a check valve P/N 675238 located on the right hand side of the motor where the drain hose attaches.  You can remove the drain hose and unscrew the check valve (counterclockwise) and look for a restriction.  Make sure the rubber flapper is intact and not binding.

There is a check valve P/N 675238 located on the right hand side of the motor where the drain hose attaches.  You can remove the drain hose and unscrew the check valve (counterclockwise) and look for a restriction.  

Wisdom!  Let us attend!  http://fixitnow.com/wp/2008/11/14/older-whirlpool-kenmore-dishwasher-wont-drain/

Have you tried 'suck starting' it with a Shop Vac? Sometimes that's all it takes... :thumbsup:

Thanks, that was it was a little bit of junk in the valve, didnt realize that came off when I first looked at it.  Also at first when taking the hose off you could see that draining, but i guess when the pump runs it was forcing it down and causing more of a blockage.

thanks a bunch for your help

Dave

Thanks for the update, Dave.  That's a great dishwasher.  It will love you long time.

It will love you long time.

Treat you real good, GI.