Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
prairiestr

kenmore fridge 795.79972.902

7 posts in this topic

Original complaint ice build up. Found defrost drain clogged with ice. Chipped ice out and used hair dryer to melt ice at drain. Also used small screwdriver in drain until water drained. Saw water in drain tray at bottom rear of fridge.

All good so far.

Reinstalled rear cover and plugged in fan. Closed freezer door switch, no fan. checked wiring, looks ok. still no fan. opened reefer door, control has last three lites lit, but not first two (1-5) Also control will not respond to commands (cant change setting) I had the doors open a long time and I thought I heard a beep at one point. 

Could I have damaged something while probe-ing drain?

Any help much appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... kenmore fridge 795.79972.902

made by LG

I'm not an LG master, but it may be in some special protection mode...

Close the Doors and wait a few hours ..

(till the LG master logs on) :wink:

Thanks Reg.

I told the cust. to take two beers, (while they are cold) and call me in the morning. :blush:

If the unit is plugged in and you unplugged/ replaced  evaporator motor, It appears the electronics do not recognize the  motor being plugged in....................................Unplug the refer for about 5 minutes.........keep the doors closed.......plug unit in.................Fan should start................

Awesome! I'll try that this A.M. Thanks so much!

Reg, bigbuck, and certified tech group 51 

We got it!

Thank you so much for your help.

Unplugged unit for 5min., plugged back in and all went back to normal.

I guess you just need to be smarter than the machine. :wacko:

You guys saved me, AGAIN!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you