Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet washer not emptying fabric softener from drawer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lobstermobster

lobstermobster

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Colors Lite

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Whirlpool Mod#WFW9400SW01 does not empty fabric softener from drawer in normal wash cycle and fills the bleach compartment with water.
I cleaned the drawer and the overhead distributed holes to no avail. Is there a way to test the distributer motor with the plastic arm that moves directs the water and/ or the main controller to see if the signal is getting to the distributer? I have a meter and the know how to use it.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

There is an automated test program in the technical sheet located behind the bottom access panel.  This program will test all the components including the dispenser actuator.  Make sure the dispenser cam arm and spring are intact.  Make sure the drum is empty and the unit is turned off.  Execute the following steps in sequence to access automated test program:

1)  Close door.

2)  Push Power.

3)  Select the Drain and Spin cycle.

4)  Select No Spin option.

5)  Push Prewash option within 5 seconds.

6)  The automated test program starts. (Not possible to skip steps)

7)  To cancel test program press the Stop button.

Display                Control Action                         Component Tested

C:00                    Door locks                               Door lock system

C:01                    Fill by cold water inlet              Flowmeter/Cold water inlet valve

valve

C:02                    Distribution system set            Dispenser motor/Dispenser contact

to Prewash position

C:03                    Fill by hot water valve             Hot water inlet valve

C:04                    Drum rotates clockwise           Motor/MCU

at wash speed

C:05                    Heater is switched on.            Heater/NTC

Drum rotates clockwise

at wash speed.  If there

is not enough water in the

tub, water inlet valve will

be switched on to achieve

minimum water level.

C:06                    Drain pump is on.                    Drain pump

C:07                    Drum rotates counter-             Motor/MCU

clockwise from 35 to 90

rpm within 15 seconds.

C:08                    Drum rotates counter-             Motor/MCU

clockwise at maximum

speed 800-1000 rpm

#3 lobstermobster

lobstermobster

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thank You PDUFF,

I bench tested the dispenser motor and contact,
With the top of machine off I can watch the dispenser motor work the arm and go to different positions, however I still have fabric softener left in the dispenser drawer.
I will go through the tests that you recommended.

#4 lobstermobster

lobstermobster

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Update :

Performed tests...

Everything in the dispenser area is clean and operational.

It appears that there is not enough water volume/pressure going through the distributer nozzle to flush out all of the fabric softener section, although now the bleach compartment is completely emptying. I attribute this to cleaning the overhead distributer holes, but although that improved the situation it did not completely solve the problem. I still have residual softener mixed with some water after a wash cycle...Like there is water reaching the softener area, but not enough. I can see it just barely dribble out of the overhead distributer when the nozzle is directed to the fabric softener zone.

I really suspect that the water valve assembly is not allowing sufficient pressure through the seats, perhaps due to age and swollen rubber orfices.

What is your thoughts?

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics