Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wiring for old door switch on Frigidaire 417.39012891

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nkornelis

nkornelis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle Nut Brown

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I need to test my old door switch, and need to hook it up again. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when I unhooked it. Can someone who knows a little about wiring these things let me know which wire goes where? I have a black/red wire (with a plastic clip on the connector), a black wire, a blue/white wire (actually 2 wires to one connector), and a white wire. Based on the length of the wires, I believe that the black/red wire and the black wire go to the red box with the switch (which I believe is the wax motor), and the blue/white wire and the white wire go to what I believe is the solenoid. The solenoid (if that's what it is) has 2 connectors. One is marked 120v, and the other is 60Hz. 

There is also a wiring harness with 4 wires, but it is obvious where that goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

T5EOLlA.jpg
i4aodY6.jpg
vhF93UZ.jpg
rrzVhqg.jpg

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

you are correct on where the wires go

( as you can see i don't like to type)

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#3 nkornelis

nkornelis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle Nut Brown

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

Big thanks, Cactus Bob.  Unfortunately, I need a little more detail.  Although in other ways I'm pretty handy, electricity and I have never seen eye-to-eye. 

My guess is that the black/red wire with the plastic clip goes on the top connector of the wax motor.  That would leave the black wire (ground?) to connect with the lower (or side) connector (see picture 1 and 3).

As for the solenoid, which wire goes to the 120v connector, and which goes to the 60Hz connector?  

Sorry to ask you to type again.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

... My guess is that the black/red wire with the plastic clip goes on the top connector of the wax motor.  That would leave the black wire (ground?) to connect with the lower (or side) connector

... As for the solenoid, which wire goes to the 120v connector, and which goes to the 60Hz connector?

doesn't matter
they're both AC ..
FYI with AC, black is "hot"

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics