Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Def Egge

GE Profile Triton dishwasher leaking melted wax ?

8 posts in this topic

Senseis and Samurais,

I don't imagine that it is good news but I discovered that something resembling wax had melted out of the loading door of my GE Profile Triton dishwasher.

Since we do not normally use a heated dry cycle, I am concerned that the internal temperature of the loading door reached a sufficient temperature to accomplish the task.

No crayons or candles have been reported as missing. Therefor, I have had a local priest perform a rite of exorcism on the dishwasher but, if that proves ineffective, what else should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oh haunted oe,please look for a model number.

Oh haunted oe,please look for a model number.

The model number is GSD5120D00BB ( Ihave not seen any recall for this model).

Thanks!

Those GE dishwashers have large chunks of what seems to be tar soaked cardboard inside the door. I presume it's some kind of noise damper. Even without heated dry these things tend to melt and shift. Don't be afraid to open up the door and have a look. Here's a picture: http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/G9100019-00001.png I don't suppose there's any harm in removing them.,

Edited by olyteddy

Recall - Dishwasher Models Brand Model Number begins with: AND Serial Number begins with: GE

GE Profile

GE Eterna

GE Adora GLC4, GLD4, GLD5, GLD6, GSD61, GSD62, GSD63, GSD66, GSD67, GSD69, GLDL, PDW7, PDWF7, EDW4, EDW5, EDW6, GHD4, GHD5, GHD6, GHDA4, GHDA6 FL, GL, HL, LL, ML, VL, ZL, AM, DM, FM, GM, HM, LM, MM, RM, SM, TM, VM, ZM, AR, DR

Go to this link and input model and serial number to see if there;s a recall on yours:

http://www.geappliances.com/products/recall/dishwasher_2012/

If the images on the internet are right the OPs model isn't part of the recall (wrong heater). I had more than 50 that were on that list. It involved a bad seal on the CalRod heater element.

I suppose a wax motor on the door vent or the detergent/rinse aid dispenser could have got voltage for too long and the wax motor could have exploded.

Edited by Scottthewolf

Recall - Dishwasher Models Brand Model Number begins with: AND Serial Number begins with: GE

GE Profile

GE Eterna

GE Adora GLC4, GLD4, GLD5, GLD6, GSD61, GSD62, GSD63, GSD66, GSD67, GSD69, GLDL, PDW7, PDWF7, EDW4, EDW5, EDW6, GHD4, GHD5, GHD6, GHDA4, GHDA6 FL, GL, HL, LL, ML, VL, ZL, AM, DM, FM, GM, HM, LM, MM, RM, SM, TM, VM, ZM, AR, DR

Go to this link and input model and serial number to see if there;s a recall on yours:

http://www.geappliances.com/products/recall/dishwasher_2012/

Confirmed, my unit is NOT on the recall list.

Those GE dishwashers have large chunks of what seems to be tar soaked cardboard inside the door. I presume it's some kind of noise damper. Even without heated dry these things tend to melt and shift. Don't be afraid to open up the door and have a look. Here's a picture: http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/G9100019-00001.png I don't suppose there's any harm in removing them.,

I will open the door and remove them.

Thanks.