Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile Triton dishwasher leaking melted wax ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Def Egge

Def Egge

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guiness Dark 72 degrees F

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Senseis and Samurais,

I don't imagine that it is good news but I discovered that something resembling wax had melted out of the loading door of my GE Profile Triton dishwasher.

Since we do not normally use a heated dry cycle, I am concerned that the internal temperature of the loading door reached a sufficient temperature to accomplish the task.

No crayons or candles have been reported as missing. Therefor, I have had a local priest perform a rite of exorcism on the dishwasher but, if that proves ineffective, what else should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Oh haunted oe,please look for a model number.

#3 Def Egge

Def Egge

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Oh haunted oe,please look for a model number.

The model number is GSD5120D00BB ( Ihave not seen any recall for this model).

Thanks!

#4 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Those GE dishwashers have large chunks of what seems to be tar soaked cardboard inside the door. I presume it's some kind of noise damper. Even without heated dry these things tend to melt and shift. Don't be afraid to open up the door and have a look. Here's a picture: http://c.searspartsd...00019-00001.png I don't suppose there's any harm in removing them.,

Edited by olyteddy, 05 September 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#5 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Recall - Dishwasher Models Brand Model Number begins with: AND Serial Number begins with: GE
GE Profile
GE Eterna
GE Adora GLC4, GLD4, GLD5, GLD6, GSD61, GSD62, GSD63, GSD66, GSD67, GSD69, GLDL, PDW7, PDWF7, EDW4, EDW5, EDW6, GHD4, GHD5, GHD6, GHDA4, GHDA6 FL, GL, HL, LL, ML, VL, ZL, AM, DM, FM, GM, HM, LM, MM, RM, SM, TM, VM, ZM, AR, DR

Go to this link and input model and serial number to see if there;s a recall on yours:

http://www.geapplian...ishwasher_2012/

Test

#6 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

If the images on the internet are right the OPs model isn't part of the recall (wrong heater). I had more than 50 that were on that list. It involved a bad seal on the CalRod heater element.

#7 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

I suppose a wax motor on the door vent or the detergent/rinse aid dispenser could have got voltage for too long and the wax motor could have exploded.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 05 September 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Scott Wolf

#8 Def Egge

Def Egge

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Recall - Dishwasher Models Brand Model Number begins with: AND Serial Number begins with: GE
GE Profile
GE Eterna
GE Adora GLC4, GLD4, GLD5, GLD6, GSD61, GSD62, GSD63, GSD66, GSD67, GSD69, GLDL, PDW7, PDWF7, EDW4, EDW5, EDW6, GHD4, GHD5, GHD6, GHDA4, GHDA6 FL, GL, HL, LL, ML, VL, ZL, AM, DM, FM, GM, HM, LM, MM, RM, SM, TM, VM, ZM, AR, DR

Go to this link and input model and serial number to see if there;s a recall on yours:

http://www.geapplian...ishwasher_2012/

Confirmed, my unit is NOT on the recall list.

Those GE dishwashers have large chunks of what seems to be tar soaked cardboard inside the door. I presume it's some kind of noise damper. Even without heated dry these things tend to melt and shift. Don't be afraid to open up the door and have a look. Here's a picture: http://c.searspartsd...00019-00001.png I don't suppose there's any harm in removing them.,

I will open the door and remove them.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics