Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher Kitchenaid kude70cvss2, what are all the parts needed to replace the heating element in and outside the tub

heating element leak parts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sankyu3

sankyu3

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Sensei Samurais - 

Need the wisdom of the masters please.

Problem: heating element somehow was cut/severed all the way through (looks like something in the bottom rack must have been sticking downward beyond the rack's bottom).  The heating/drying obviously do not work, but i thought it might be a door switch/latch (L1?) problem (see #2).  This went on for a week before I took a serious look and water was POURING out of the hole that connects the heating element from the inside the tub to the outside of the tub.  Needless to say, the electrical connection is oxidized and needs to be replaced.  (please see photos of inside and outside tub).

Question(s):

1)  What parts do I need for this repair?

2) This dishwasher is also making the "every 5 second click" sound, I have replaced both circuit boards.  Could the broken heating element be related to MY clicking issue?

3) any other tidbits of samurai wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Domo domo,

ZT

Attached Files

Edited by sankyu3, 07 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

http://appliantology...dw-kude70cvss2/

KitchenAid D/W
KUDE70CVSS2

Repair Part List - W10306071
Tech Sheet - W10142826

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 sankyu3

sankyu3

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Sensei RegUS_PatOff:

Thank you so much for your post.  I have one remaining question, what is the bright green material used as "glue" or a "water barrier" in the threads of the heating element?  At first I thought it was oxidized copper, but upon closer inspection it looks like some kind of sealant (please see pic in orig post).  

Again, Thank you.

ZT

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

what is the bright green material used as "glue" or a "water barrier" in the threads of the heating element?

It is a sort of lock-tight, it comes already applied on the new heater's threads.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,053 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Heating element part link:  http://www.repaircli...ber=KUDE70CVSS2

Heating-Element-W10082892-01095878.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics