Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

sankyu3

Dishwasher Kitchenaid kude70cvss2, what are all the parts needed to replace the heating element in and outside the tub

5 posts in this topic

Sensei Samurais - 

Need the wisdom of the masters please.

Problem: heating element somehow was cut/severed all the way through (looks like something in the bottom rack must have been sticking downward beyond the rack's bottom).  The heating/drying obviously do not work, but i thought it might be a door switch/latch (L1?) problem (see #2).  This went on for a week before I took a serious look and water was POURING out of the hole that connects the heating element from the inside the tub to the outside of the tub.  Needless to say, the electrical connection is oxidized and needs to be replaced.  (please see photos of inside and outside tub).

Question(s):

1)  What parts do I need for this repair?

2) This dishwasher is also making the "every 5 second click" sound, I have replaced both circuit boards.  Could the broken heating element be related to MY clicking issue?

3) any other tidbits of samurai wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Domo domo,

ZT

post-68789-0-58665400-1378595333_thumb.j

post-68789-0-13044700-1378595335_thumb.j

Edited by sankyu3

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sensei RegUS_PatOff:

Thank you so much for your post.  I have one remaining question, what is the bright green material used as "glue" or a "water barrier" in the threads of the heating element?  At first I thought it was oxidized copper, but upon closer inspection it looks like some kind of sealant (please see pic in orig post).  

Again, Thank you.

ZT

what is the bright green material used as "glue" or a "water barrier" in the threads of the heating element?

It is a sort of lock-tight, it comes already applied on the new heater's threads.