Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE MODEL#CGS980SEM5SS LOC ERROR

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 cityboysrus

cityboysrus

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

OK Control Board and touch pad have been replaced. Im getting a Turn Burners Off error code. Does anyone have this service manual.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 cityboysrus

cityboysrus

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

No, YOU'RE funny. I get this service call at least once a month. Every GE appliance (and probably every other brand) made in the last 20 years or so have a keypad lockout button or sequence. It is explained on page 11, item 16, page 25 and on page 53 of the user manual. Now scroll back up to post 2 in this thread, click on and read the link. The average age of my clients is 84.5 years old and they understand it. 

PS: GE usually hides the Mini-Manual and Schematic above the pots-and-pans drawer but since this one has a warming drawer you might have to look a little harder. Maybe behind the control panel, like they do in their wall ovens?

Thank You for Sharing. You guys NEVER read my comments and were wrong. I was only asking for the Service Manual. How long someone has been doing something doesn't make them the best!!!! Masters embrace failure because you will fail it's a mathematical fact. No paperwork was with this unit. I'll put my skills up against any HUMAN BEING including YOU!!!  

#23 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I was with ya all the way cityboysrus. Wish I could help. Try posting in the "service manual request" forum. Maybe something will surface.

#24 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

any part ordered from RepairClinic can be returned for a refund (less shipping)

(including installed electrical parts)

GE Range / somewhat similar Oven Controller

service manual

http://appliantology...05-jb968-jb988/

GE Range
JB905 JB968 JB988
31-9106 30-In Radiant Free Standing Range

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#25 cityboysrus

cityboysrus

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Appliance Repair Manual Stash Access File Ok fellas my mentor and I went back on 10-3-13 :rocketwhore: . I call him BUDDHA!!! I've uploaded the wiring diagram GE sent me under the link above. Come to find out there are two three prong connections on the main board and I had the quick connect (female terminal) placed on the wrong one. I couldn't explain to the customer why the error Turn Burners Off originally displayed before Locking the Membrane and Control Board down, but to see that customer smile is PRICELESS!!!! Another episode of MAN beating machine. :rocker:

City Boys R Us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics