Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore 665.13842k601 dumps rinse aid fast

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anniethefixer

anniethefixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

The dishwasher in the house we bought stopped working well after one month.  One of the problems is the rinse aid dispenser.  We fill it up, set it at the lowest setting (#2) and run the dishwasher once a day.  Here is the problem.  The fill indicator says we need more rinse aid after 7 days.

Any ideas?

Do I have to replace the whole soap and rinse aid dispenser assembly?

Thank you great gurus.  You have helped us so much on our never ending appliance issues.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

The dishwasher in the house we bought stopped working well after one month.  One of the problems is the rinse aid dispenser.  We fill it up, set it at the lowest setting (#2) and run the dishwasher once a day.  Here is the problem.  The fill indicator says we need more rinse aid after 7 days.

Any ideas?

Is the cap sealing tightly?

http://www.repaircli...Lid-Cover-Parts

Rinse-Aid-Dispenser-Cap-8558307-00909588

Do I have to replace the whole soap and rinse aid dispenser assembly?

Yep, unless your just replacing the cap.

http://www.repaircli...Dispenser-Parts

Detergent-Dispenser-W10224428-01090174.j

Edited by tpoindexter, 08 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Test

#3 anniethefixer

anniethefixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Thank you!  The cap appears to be fine, so we will be replacing the dispenser assembly.

Any tips on how to do this?  Looks like it should just pop out, but I don't want to force anything.

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Nope, it does not just pop out, you have to remove the outer door panel, there is a metal frame around the outside of the dispenser held on by 3/16 nuts on the outside of the door.

Scott Wolf

#5 anniethefixer

anniethefixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Thank you for all of your help!  Starting by replacing the cap.  New cap seals more tightly than existing cap.  Maybe that will do it.  Otherwise, we will just pop out the assembly and put a new one in.  Hooray Appliantology!  This site and the ease of ordering parts has put us back on track again.

#6 anniethefixer

anniethefixer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

We want to extend a huge thank you to Appliantology and the wonderful people who provide such great information.  You have saved a dishwasher from the landfill and saved us mucho $$$$ for the purchase of a new appliance.  Without even having to post I searched this forum and found this thread

http://appliantology...re +ultra +wash

that lead me to this awesome set of discussion, instructions, and video. 

http://fixitnow.com/...ilt-dishwasher/

Figured out that the pump was cooked.  Just not up to the job any more.  I ordered the parts from you and asked my husband to get the tools.  We set a 9:00 pm date for tonight (after the kids were put to bed) to pull out and install a new circulation pump motor and housing assembly in our dishwasher.  In one hour we had the dishwasher apart, cleaned, reassembled, and washing again.  We followed that video and the instruction sheet, step by step.

You guys and gals are superstars!!  We cannot thank you enough!!!

Next Thursday night at 9:00 pm ....  Tackle the noisy clothes washing machine that you have helped us figure out what to do, but is a bit of an intimidating job.

So very grateful  ......

Anne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics