Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune Dryer Control Panel Chirping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yooper011

Yooper011

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:my homebrew

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Our Neptune dryer model MDG6800AWW seems to be possessed:  the control panel will randomly beep and light up (drying time, sensor dry, start/pause, temp, sensor dry level LEDs), just as if you opened the door.   It will still operate normally if you push the start/pause button, but the drying time stays at 53 min and doesn't count down.  Lately it won't turn off (panel only, the drum doesn't turn or heat up) or respond when you push the on/off or start pause buttons and continuously chirps, which is quite annoying.  If we unplug the machine then plug it back in, we can catch the demon by surprise and start the dryer normally.  

Oh, and one more piece of information:  the door switch has continuity when pressed.  That's good, right?

I'm hoping someone far smarter than I has an idea what I need to do to exorcise the demon!  REALLY hoping it's not the control panel itself..... :wacko:

Thanks for any and all advice!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sounds like you have a bad electronic control board. I will need the first two digits of your serial number to show you the one you need.

Scott Wolf

#3 Yooper011

Yooper011

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the fast response, Scott!  The first two digits of the s/n are 11.

Bad control board?  Ouch$!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Bad control board?  Ouch$!

A little bit.  But think of the money you'll save by fixing it yourself!

Main control board:  http://www.repaircli...mber=MDG6800AWW

Main-Control-Board-33003028-00852943.jpg

#5 Yooper011

Yooper011

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

I bow to your superior wisdom and thank you for illuminating my path.  That part is currently on factory backorder, so I can guard my wallet a little longer, eh?

Seriously:  great site, good advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics