Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Neptune Stack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bubbaq

bubbaq

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killian's Irish Red

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

I have a Neptune stack washer/ dryer, 2000 vintage. The sollenoid valve is leaking and this model has the 4 coil valve. The valve will not come out the access hole in the back and it looks like the thing has to be gutted to remove/ replace the valve. It also looks like the dryer can be tilted back, don't like the looks of that so much....guilotine comes to mind.

Maytag will not give technical help other than, "simple questions from the user manual" like they want to insure I never buy another Maytag.

There has to be an simple way to get the valve out and repair or replace.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Post the model number.  Model number location help here:  http://www.repaircli...My-Model-Number

#3 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

the log valve can be replace from the back, through the hole the mounting box is attached to. Its a bitch, but you can do it.

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#4 bubbaq

bubbaq

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

OK, so I successfully replaced the solenoid valve in my vintage MLE2000AYE Neptune Stack and that fixed that leak. Now when it spins out, I have water leaking out the front of machine, (it did not do that before that I am aware of).

Is it possible I got a hose on the valve wrong?? I see there restrictors in the valve body.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

OK, so I successfully replaced the solenoid valve in my vintage MLE2000AYE Neptune Stack and that fixed that leak.

Part link to the solenoid valve set:  Part number: AP4026599

Part number: AP4026599

#6 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

OK, so I successfully replaced the solenoid valve in my vintage MLE2000AYE Neptune Stack and that fixed that leak. Now when it spins out, I have water leaking out the front of machine, (it did not do that before that I am aware of).
Is it possible I got a hose on the valve wrong?? I see there restrictors in the valve body.

Chances are, you had the leak all along but never noticed it due to the failing of the old valve. Now to get eyes on this new leak to get er fixed.

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Also check your dispenser housing, particularly around the frame and four mounting screws.  Over time I've the frame crack and if so splashing may occur, especially with the increased flow from the new log valve.

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

If you use liquid fabric softener it can thicken up over time and clog the fabric softener dispenser hose and cause a leak out the dispenser. Liquid fabric softener is bad stuff and should be avoided.
Scott Wolf

#9 bubbaq

bubbaq

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Fabric softener dispenser was full of gookum, apparently the old valve did not run any water into the dispenser. That problem is solved with a coat hanger and lots of hot water.

One more thing that the stack is not doing correctly, the dryer will not shut off if left in "sensor" mode. It thinks the smoking hot clothes are still wet. Have to use it in timer mode.

Is this a sensor issue or a control?? How do I check it out??

This last fix will make it run like new...................I hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics