Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung dryer DV405ETPAWR/AA 01

Thermistor steam dryer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

I went on call for this 1 year old Samsung dryer complaint being noise like bearing gone bad & dryer shuts down leaving damp clothes.  Noise cleared up after a good cleaning, some play on rollers, & blower was somewhat caked with lint.  This machine is heavily used at a beach rent house (Nice @ $850 a night)  The manager says she washes several loads of linens each day.

The vent system is pretty clean but rather long, two 45's at back wall to move it over a foot & 30 foot horizontal run, it has good volume exiting this run.  

I found the thermistor was open at room temperature.   I read previous posting from 2 years ago about the thermistor failing in high salt/sand enviroments such as this.  The dryer heater would heat initially but I did not have the time or a load to dry to see how it would cycle.

My question is will a whirlpool dryer thermistor work in this case as I am going to be back on the island tomorrow for another job &  I can pick up a thermistor on the way.  A Samsung thermistor will take me a week to have it shipped.

Edited by Patricio, 10 September 2013 - 10:24 PM.

Former Student of Master Samurai Tech School.   Current Student of  Master Samurai Tech School 

http://www.mastersam...iliate.php?id=5

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

... beach rent house (Nice @ $850 a night)  

... vent system is pretty clean but rather long, two 45's at back wall to move it over a foot & 30 foot horizontal run,

... will a whirlpool dryer thermistor work in this case ... A Samsung thermistor will take me a week to have it shipped.

:burnin:  can't relocate the Dryer to shorten the run ?

tech sheets results Thermistors seem to be the same

Samsung Thermistor $

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=2068429

Thermistor-DC32-00007A-01308116.jpg

Maytag Thermistor $$ :woot:

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1185513
Thermistor-35001191-01025778.jpg

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

:burnin:  can't relocate the Dryer to shorten the run ?

Dryer was already revented from the roof.  No it is 30 foot no matter which way ya go.  The builders never take in account the needs of a dryer.

Edited by Patricio, 11 September 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Former Student of Master Samurai Tech School.   Current Student of  Master Samurai Tech School 

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Senior Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

From the sizing grid it looks like the Samsung thermistor is just a tad longer at mounting holes.  If the pictures are accurate then looks like the Whirlpool/Maytag one would only be able to be mounted with one screw.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Already only has one screw mounting.  Going to try it.

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Put the Maytag thermistor in, an exact fit.   Left without trying a wet load, but in auto pilot with no load it went from lots of minutes down to 1 in short time whereas in timed cycle the element cycled on & off.   3 times the cost of the Samsung, maybe 3 times the quality.   Any way I have it today & repaired not next week.  Good for business.

Edited by Patricio, 11 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics