Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung dryer DV405ETPAWR/AA 01

Thermistor steam dryer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

I went on call for this 1 year old Samsung dryer complaint being noise like bearing gone bad & dryer shuts down leaving damp clothes.  Noise cleared up after a good cleaning, some play on rollers, & blower was somewhat caked with lint.  This machine is heavily used at a beach rent house (Nice @ $850 a night)  The manager says she washes several loads of linens each day.

The vent system is pretty clean but rather long, two 45's at back wall to move it over a foot & 30 foot horizontal run, it has good volume exiting this run.  

I found the thermistor was open at room temperature.   I read previous posting from 2 years ago about the thermistor failing in high salt/sand enviroments such as this.  The dryer heater would heat initially but I did not have the time or a load to dry to see how it would cycle.

My question is will a whirlpool dryer thermistor work in this case as I am going to be back on the island tomorrow for another job &  I can pick up a thermistor on the way.  A Samsung thermistor will take me a week to have it shipped.

Edited by Patricio, 10 September 2013 - 10:24 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

... beach rent house (Nice @ $850 a night)  

... vent system is pretty clean but rather long, two 45's at back wall to move it over a foot & 30 foot horizontal run,

... will a whirlpool dryer thermistor work in this case ... A Samsung thermistor will take me a week to have it shipped.

:burnin:  can't relocate the Dryer to shorten the run ?

tech sheets results Thermistors seem to be the same

Samsung Thermistor $

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=2068429

Thermistor-DC32-00007A-01308116.jpg

Maytag Thermistor $$ :woot:

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1185513
Thermistor-35001191-01025778.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

:burnin:  can't relocate the Dryer to shorten the run ?

Dryer was already revented from the roof.  No it is 30 foot no matter which way ya go.  The builders never take in account the needs of a dryer.

Edited by Patricio, 11 September 2013 - 12:11 AM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

From the sizing grid it looks like the Samsung thermistor is just a tad longer at mounting holes.  If the pictures are accurate then looks like the Whirlpool/Maytag one would only be able to be mounted with one screw.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Already only has one screw mounting.  Going to try it.

IgonFishn

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Put the Maytag thermistor in, an exact fit.   Left without trying a wet load, but in auto pilot with no load it went from lots of minutes down to 1 in short time whereas in timed cycle the element cycled on & off.   3 times the cost of the Samsung, maybe 3 times the quality.   Any way I have it today & repaired not next week.  Good for business.

Edited by Patricio, 11 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics