Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Stack Model # LSG7800aal starts the next cycle on the dial all by itself.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emailej

emailej

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stone IPA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hello,

Based on an earlier post on applianceguru.com (see below) it looks like I need to replace a relay in my LSG7800aal. My question is which relay? The parts diagram/list shows two parts from whirlpool: 5) Relay, Part Number AP4024004 and 7) Relay, Part Number AP3854539.

The description in the post below are the exact same symptoms I have, and I already replaced pressure switch.  If anyone could help point out the correct relay part number that would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!!!

Eric

Link to original post:

http://applianceguru...rum2/13782.html

bogreen
Senior Apprentice Appliantologist 

Joined:  Sun Dec 3rd, 2006 Location:  Torrance,California USA Posts:  226 Flavorite Brew:  bud Status: 
spacer.gif Hi,
I have a customer with a Maytag stack. The washer goes through the whole cycle and when it is done, the timer continues clicking and starts the next cycle on the dial all by itself.

I changed the timer and the new one did the same thing.

I've heard it could be the water pressure switch.

Any ideas??

Bo

Posted: Fri Aug 17th, 2007 02:51 pm   2nd Post Trying to help

Joined:  Thu Oct 20th, 2005 Location:  Georgia USA Posts:  2390 Flavorite Brew:  Moosehead,Bud,Bombay Sapphire Status: 
spacer.gif You have a motor run relay that is sticking.  You will also probably find it dry agitates as it is filling.  With the run relay sticking, it will send L1 to the motor and back up to the timer energizing the motor and advancing it.  You can ohm it to be 100% sure, but if you are agitating while filling, it is a slam dunk bad relay.  Relay is located behind the washer front panel mounted to the left hand side by the pressure switch. 

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$!http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2007 02:22 pm   t bogreen
Senior Apprentice Appliantologist 

spacer.gif That did the trick.
Thanks alot.

Bo

Read more:Maytag Stack Model # LSG7800aal - The Laundry Appliance Repair Forum - Do-It-Yourself Appliance Repair Help - ApplianceGuru.com: The Samurai Appliance Repair Forumshttp://applianceguru...l#ixzz2ehyJWU9e
Follow us:fixitnowsamurai on Facebook

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 emailej

emailej

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stone IPA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

OK nevermind I figured it out. It is the "Run Relay" and not the "Unbalanced Relay." After whacking it hard 5 times with a screwdriver handle the relay became unstuck and all is normal again.  Temporary fix until new relay arrives. :tongue:   

FYI part is 7)  # is 207834 apparently superseded by Whirlpool Part# 8566493.

Cheers,

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics