Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid SxS KSCS25FTMS00 - Auger motor removal proceedure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ritz

Ritz

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

KitchenAid SxS KSCS25FTMS00 - Auger motor removal procedure

Auger motor

http://www.repaircli...er=KSCS25FTMS00

Need advice on the the proper procedure to remove this motor....

This auger motor sits behind the water and ice actuators.  I can take out the 4 screws that hold the motor in place but is is attached to the metal shaft that is attached to the ice bin.  

Photo attached.  

Many thanks in advance.  

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Remove the dispenser tray.  With the tray removed, 2 screws.  Remove those screws then take out the plate and pull the dispenser assembly out.  When the dispenser assembly is pulled out, disconnect the wires and set the panel to the side.  With the plate out of the way, the motor is accessed at the back of this area.

Are you sure the augur motor is bad?  Make sure you check the wiring harness at the bottom of the door.  Common to get a wire break there.  The fix is to replace the door.  

And don't overlook checking the light switch.  

#3 Ritz

Ritz

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thank you!  I have voltage going into the dispenser board and into the motor.....

After I remove the 4 screws that hold the motor in place it seemed like there was the ice bin shaft holding it in place....there is more to disassemble at the dispenser assembly?

I removed the 2 screws, disconnected the wires and sat the dispenser "frame" aside.  #21 on the diagram.  

Attached Files

• Attached File  door.png   198.97KB   0 downloads

Edited by Ritz, 13 September 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think I gave you bad instructions on the augur.  See page 4-6 in this document:  http://appliantology...-maker-job-aid/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics