Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

vegaswingnut

Duet sport lacks power

15 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport that wont power up. It is model #wfw8410sw01. I can get the lockout light and button to work and thats all it wants to do. I have replaced the CCU and that didnt help a bit! I have checked the door switch , I've looked for loose and broken wires and have found nothing. When I had the lower cover off I checked the pump filter and found it full of money and crap. I've checked the ohms on the motor and came back with 12.8 ohms. I have no idea where to go next. maybe a new control panel? Could it be the MCU? Would a bad MCU cause my power problems? I'm lost....any help will be greatly appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've tried to do the Service History Mode & Diagnostic Test and nothing happens. I tried unplugging the m13 wires and still no power. Now the "live' (read dangerous) test" Does the machine need to power up to do that one?

I did get some power to the board. It won't happen every time but I pressed the power button and I get a beep and the number 1 shows on the display for a few seconds then nothing.

Here's a vid of me doing this test on a newer style Duet.  The wires and readings are the same ... just in this case the MCU is actually part of the motor.  On yours the MCU is a separate unit down in the front right corner.  If you are getting 120 AC on the pinks and the 5 v DC on the outside blues and you've checked the other stuff I mentioned on the post from yesterday, then you have a bad MCU.  If you are not getting the readings right down there - then you must check the harness as you've already changed the CCU.  

http://neighboursappliance.com/2013/07/how-to-test-a-whirlpool-duet-washer-motor.html

I just did the test and showed nothing. No readings at either plug

I do have 120v going to the green plug going into the CCU

Were you running the machine when testing?  

No, I have no power, the display on the front is black.

The little tan push switch at the lower left of the rear of the machine. Does it need to be in for the washer to operate?

Ahhh ... me read better now.  lol.

No display ... and you've changed the CCU ... and you tried to power it up with the MI3 disconnected and still nothing?  The only thing left from my point of view is the display head.  

That's what I was thinking also. Is there any way to test it?

No.

That's not what you're supposed to say! Lol

Have you ever seen one of these come on fpr s short time with a number 1 in the display then beep and go off again?

No display ... and you've changed the CCU ... and you tried to power it up with the MI3 disconnected and still nothing?  The only thing left from my point of view is the display head.  

Display control board:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-and-Display-Board/8571919/1268576?modelNumber=WFW8410SW01

User-Control-and-Display-Board-8571919-0

Thanks guys!