Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Tools...for what they are worth....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Went to the tool sale at Platt....( Platt.com     < not the Platt case company> ).......They are located only on the West coast.............After reading Durhamappliance post on Lowes tools and the associated link, I was wondering about  the new guys trying to start out.....What is their tool bag/case gonna look like???........... Platt has a large selection  of brand name tool for a decant price and they have  the good kind...........Fluke, Extech, Klien,  Dewalt, Milwakee, to name more than a few.............Even this brand with the name  wiha, some serious electrical tools, Prices are not for the faint of heart.......Most of  Platt  tools are for electricians, maintenance folks, ETC .............The tables were set up with the most current tools / meters/ L.E.D. flashlights / TOOL BAGS -CASES  :thumbsup: /.............Could not find a case for my needs ( see other tool posts ).........Klien had a nice tool bag, back pack style..........Small version of the ClC back pack.......... but a nice rubber bottom, Kinda like a rubber pan the back pack sits in.....Fluke had the  newest, biggest  and the baddest of their meters...............The sales guy wanted to know what i was looking for, Told him my old ones were doing fine.....He asked what models I had, I sez a model 77 and an 83   both over 12 years old..........( I think I saw a tear in the corner of his eye )...The main item I was zeroing in on was a newer electric screwdriver......The Milwakee table had all of their current M-18 stuff, But I wanted the M-12 flashlight, but they did not sell the light and batteries by itself....., so I ended up the the Mil 2041-22 electric screwdriver .... list for about 100 clam$, on sale there for 89 clam$....and the Mil49-0146 L.E.D.flashlight..34 clam$.....Light was on order for the next day......After using my"Promo Card", card  was stamped ( after  you talked to various people ) , The electric screwdriver was only 69 clam$... Milwaukee still sells their original electric screwdriver Model M4 2101-22 but at the cost of, List 120 clam$...............After  the first walk thru, the saliva was not drying off of my arm any more , I decide I best get outta there before I get the business credit card out and do some serious damage.............................I apologize for not getting some  pictures and/or   the model numbers of all the stuff I was checking out, but that is what Goggle search is all about. :whistling: ......As I read  a quote from Durhams link........"Tools are my vise, and a vise is one of my tools"................. I leave you techs to ponder............................

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics