Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dryerman45

F1 E5 ERROR

10 posts in this topic

Dear Master,

I have a Kitchenaid model#KEMS308SSS00.I have posted this problem before for this same unit.Customer was away and I still have not been able to get the microwave working.I was able to do some additional troubleshooting.As I understand this the inverter needs 120vac input and also a data pulse from the microwave manager to run.I have the 120vac when micro is turned on,and this comes from the microwave manager pcb.I have replaced that as well.I gues my question is if both of those inputs are ther then the inverter has to work unless I got a new bad one.If the 2-3 volt dc data signal is not present then there would be a problem with the microwave manager which i replaced as well.Iam going to get another inverter and try again.Is ther anything else that you might do to fix this,or part you might take along.I have checked the interlock path and micro thermostat and the cavity thermostat as well.Feeling a little hopless on this one as well as embarrased.

Thank you

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

When I pull this Model up on Sears it comes up as a built in oven w/microwave

http://www.partselect.com/JustForFun/Kitchen-Aid-Appliance-Fault-Codes.aspx

F1-E5 - Calibration Shifted - Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect. Allow at least a minute after power has been restored and if error code reappears, replace control board

Thank you for your reply,

The control board? Is that in the front.I have tried replacing the microwave manager pcb.

Is that the board that you select time and power?

SAMANERA

yes

I'm not sure

4 Digit Failure Codes

F1-E0 - EEPROM Communication Error - Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect. Allow at least a minute after power has been restored and if error code reappears, replace control board (clock).

F1-E1 - EEPROM Checksum Error - Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect. Allow at least a minute after power has been restored and if error code reappears, replace control board (clock).

F1-E2 - UL A/D Error(s) - Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect. Allow at least a minute after power has been restored and if error code reappears, replace control board (clock).

F1-E4 - Model Id Error - Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect. Allow at least a minute after power has been restored and if error code reappears, replace control board (clock).

F1-E5 - Calibration Shifted - Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect. Allow at least a minute after power has been restored and if error code reappears, replace control board (clock).

Edited by tpoindexter

Well I went back and replaced the control board and still the same problem.I have replaced the inverter the magnetron the microwave manager circuit board and the front control display board.This is a real nightmare.I dont know what to do at this point.The only other possiblity is the interface board which is the small one labeled 12 inthe exploded view.I wish someone could help

SAMANERA

If your model number is correct and the fault displays on the right hand control, F1-E5 = Check Microwave Inverter.  If the wire connections at the inverter are not damaged, replace inverter board.

Already did that