Hello Samurai and dear experts,
Here is an interesting problem with my 20 years old (very expensive to replace) Side by Side KitchenAid Refrigerator.
The freezer section thermostat set to the highest setting, but the Freezer does not go below 10-5F and during the defrost cycle it goes up to 20-25F.
The compressor is running perfectly, and not all the time, the fans (condenser and evaporator) are running nicely too. No weird noises, or signs of wearing out.
Condenser coils are clean, and the evaporator coils frost pattern looks nice too. The Compressor is not running very hot, I can touch it without getting burned, the condenser coils are hot to touch but not burning.
Since there are no electronic temp control (old model), I use freezer/refrigerator thermometer and Icecream as indication whether I get good freezer temperature (around 0 F) or not.
Parts that were replaced/checked:
1) Overload/relay - it is PTC version (to fix non-starting compressor)
2) Run Capacitor - (just in case)
3) Thremistor in the refrigerator section/door gasket (fixed high temperature in the fridge)
4) Evaporator coils (picture attached)
5) Condensor coils - clean and hot (upleasant but not burning) to touch
6) Windings on the compressor (when replaced the Overload), read correct resistance as per spec)
7) Evaporator Fan - running
8) Defrost heater - works
I suspect that maybe my defrost cycle is he cause or the door seal. I have icicles grow on top of the freeer compartment where the door meets the freezer compartment - I have to clean the ice almost every day. The freezer door makes wierd click when I open and close it, but the "dollar" bill test didn't reveal any gaps between the gasket and the freezer compartment.
I am out of options - any ideas?