Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool washer model wtw6400sw2, banging then "UL"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alamo3

alamo3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coke zero

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

washer goes thru the whole cycle then at exactly the 10 minute left mark after what appears to be a drain it starts to spin and just as it starts to get some speed tub starts banging the sides and then shut down and "UL"---uneven load ----but it does the same thing empty or full no difference. any idea what i need to do to fix this? thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Does it make any unusual noises when it's washing and not in spin mode? Is the machine level? Have you opened it up to see if anything looked damaged or a counter balance came loose?

#3 alamo3

alamo3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

no unusual noises in wash,yes appears to be level-has always been in the same place and this is a recent developement, nothing inside the tub looks damaged, curious about this "counterbalance" thing- where and what is it and how do you get to it. not familiar with this washer and how you access-do you just tip it back. i know some GE washers have these rubber straps in corners that break thought maybe this had something similar or maybe not.

#4 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Is it pumping out the water?

#5 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Also the inner tub should move up and down about an inch you should be Able to lift up on the inner tub and it should be able to slide down

#6 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

if its not pumping out the water it wont be balanced when it spins. Watch Video     this video will help you find the pump if you can hear that pump running but no water is getting to the drain you may have a clogged pump or line. If the pump is not running when the washer is in the drain part of the cycle then you will need to check for voltage to the pump if you have power then the pump is bad if no power to the pump while it is draining then the problem is else where

#7 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Just fixed one of these today.

It is usually the suspension rods that get rusted and need to be replaced.

http://www.repaircli...mber=WTW6400SW2

Suspension-Rod-W10189077--01074101.jpg

installation video

#8 alamo3

alamo3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

yeah jontech it pumps all the water out it is right after the water has all pumped out and it starts the fast spin that this happens.         KCTBURY--did your unit do it in final spin or is that unusual that it would seem to do it only in the final spin(realize that is a much faster spin and it doesnt happen until it builds up some pretty good speed) suspension rods make sense to me -just wondering if my circumstance unusual.. thanks

#9 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Sounds like suspension rods to me. If you push down hard on the center of the agitator and quickly let go the tub should not bounce. It should be pretty hard to depress the rods as we'll. if you push down and the tub rebounds and bounces at all, you have bad rods. Very common.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics