Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Sport gas dryer noise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamilee

jamilee

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:guinness

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

We've had the dryer since 2007 I think.  Family of now 5, 3 little kids, so lots of laundry in our house. 

This weekend, I noticed a faint grinding/rubbing sound during cycle.  Knew something was up, but it was heating and turning as normal.

Last load of weekend, mid-cycle something must have pushed it over the edge - very loud squealing noise.

I took the front bottom panel off and was guessing - maybe a belt of sorts was slipping/sticking.  Ordered that full drum belt and yesterday we fully disassembled and replaced...but running an air-only cycle nope.  Not it.  Still a very loud, high squeal.

I've done a few searches and it seems like we should have checked either the blower or motor...as an aside, the inside was very full of lint.  Lots of vacuuming upon disassembly.

Is this the right track?  should we get the blower wheel along with motor?  what about the other moving pieces...I hate the trial-and-error...so any thoughts are appreciated. 

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Oberon

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

With the kick panel removed, take the cover of the blower wheel off and make sure nothing has made it's way down there and is rubbing on the blower wheel.

#3 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Check all drum support rollers and idler pulley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics