Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
dablacks

kitchenaid Ref control board

8 posts in this topic

I am seeing more and more of the W10219463 boards fail. I had 3 this week. Customers are getting very angry when I tell them that their 3-4 year old $2000.00 - 3000.00 refrigerator has a part that whirlpool no longer has available. Very few want to wait a week + for the board to be rebuilt. Does anybody know the story on these boards? Wish I had some cores to send in to have ready on my truck since it seems to be becoming a more frequent failure.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

As a curiosity, what percentage of these customers don't have surge protectors?

I've had recent good experience with Fixyourboard.com they give a 2yr warranty on the rebuild and charged $220 for the exact same board you are talking about.  They turned it around in 48 hours, too.  

Is the surge protector a good idea with a refrigerator?  I've seen so many refrigerator issues in new houses because they were plugged into GFI outlets is the reason I ask.  

Surge protectors and GFI's are two different animals.

A GFI will shut the power OFF to the load,

the surge protector only "absorbs" high voltage spikes.

Spikes and surges are more common out in the middle of nowhere..

farms,etc, as opposed to neighborhoods.

Control return policies with core charges are nothing new.  They've been around since the introduction of electronic controls for domestic appliances.  I believe it's due to manufacturer or vendor changes.  In this case it could be the reason they are discontinued or the effort to adhere to new government energy regulations, or both.  In the long run I'm sure it's all about the bottom line.  $$

Its just one capacitor and a relay. Ill post the parts if I find my notes.

refrigerators and dishwashers should not be plugged into a GFI outlet !

I was told by Tech line that the board manufacturer was destroyed by the Japanese tsunami.