Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

wtw4950xw2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigr

bigr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:moutain dew

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

had to replace capacitor old one melted .need to calibrate but having trouble entering diag mode  b4 I go further was wondering if this is common, imean turn wait a half second  and so on still not getting leds to lite any help at all      wtw4950xw2   I see these wahers are the coin operated now  .no more direct drive at all

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

It may take a few attempts to engage the diagnostic routine as long as the combination is completed within eight seconds.  May have to unplug unit for a few minutes before trying again.  I haven't seen the VMW style used with coin slide operation yet.  You may need to actuate the coin slide switch first.

#3 bigr

bigr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

thanks for the help

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

The half second pause between turns of the dial to get into diagnostic mode are critical.  They really do mean 0.5 seconds between each dial turn.  

#5 bigr

bigr

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

I did finally get it had to go a little faster than I thought. not a fan of this washer but have to learn will be watching problems on this washer might even get one at outlet store to mess with. kind of reminds of that world washer compact from awhile back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics