Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Replaced spline drive on Samsung washer, now won't spin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Singleplyguy

Singleplyguy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I have a front load samsung WF350ANR/AXC washer, the spline drive bracket at the rear of the drum broke, I replaced it with a new one, the bearings and rotor and stater are all fine ( this machine is only 2.5 years old) after installing the new parts including new bolts, when I put all parts together, stainless steel drum, plastic drum half's, and all other parts, the inner drum wont spin. If I loosen the bolts on the plastic drum, the drum will spin, if I take the front piece of the plastic drum off, the stainless drum spins freely ( I don't notice rubbing on any of the parts).  The only problem I have is when I put together the plastic drums and tighten them hand tight the stainless drum won't turn, Why is this happening? please help me figure this out!!

Thanks 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Usually the result of:

1) An incorrect part

2) Part has been *re-designed* and is NOT compatible with other/original components

A call to Samsung is needed to confirm parts/components compatibility (1-800-SAMSUNG).
To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 Singleplyguy

Singleplyguy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

The part looks identical to the one i took out, fits exact and everything, there is a rubber gasket that goes between the 2 plastic drum halves and I'm wondering if replacing it will make a difference. Also you would think if the replacement part was different slightly, it wouldn't quite fit the back half of the drum section, but it fits perfect!

You may be right though, I will call them tomorrow, although last time I called then they wern't very helpful.

#4 Singleplyguy

Singleplyguy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Contacted Samsung about this issue, they wont answer any questions, all they want to do is refer you to a service tech, I know how to replace parts anyone can do that, I want to know why the drum is tight after the new parts are installed. ALSO Samsung has the worst customer support I have ever seen, they don't even try to help you, all they want to do is get you to spent more money on a washer you already paid too much money for in the first place.

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Without loosening all the tub bolts if you remove the rotor will the spin basket turn OK then?

If so, I would be looking into the new rotor your received, (I don't know much about Samsung but believe them to be pretty much like the LG), I'm currently working on an LG F/L, (replacing bearings and seals), It appears that the nylon splined rotor hub butts up against the inner race of the rear bearing to keep everything at the correct load on bearings when every thing is tightened up, if the new rotor you received has a slightly deeper spline hub, (something that you might not be able notice by just looking if you don't know to look for it),  then when the rear rotor bolt is tightened down it would put a major load on the bearings possibly jamming them up.

The support splined shaft should be pretty much level with the rear of the rotor so that when you torque down the rotor bolt the large washer will pull up and contact the end of the support shaft before cramming the rotor to tight against the rear inner bearing race.

EDITED to add: thinking a little more about this, the above might not even be possible because the support shaft is stepped and should be butted up against the opposite side of the rear inner bearing race so no matter how tight the hub is pulling against the other side it shouldn't be able to pull front and rear bearings races together in pre-load manner.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 23 September 2013 - 06:20 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics