Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Uneven Flame - DCS RGS-305 Stove

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mbabco

mbabco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Peets

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'm having a problem on the front burner of my DCS RGS-305 Range. When I turn the flame up as high as it goes, several of the flames on the front left side simply disappear. They seem to work fine at lower heat but on high heat I'm only getting about three-quarters of the flames working. Any help would be appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Has this been working ok up to this point? Is this stove new to you? May need to adjust and or clean the primary air shutter on the orifice side of the mixing tube.

Edited by suampman, 22 September 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#3 mbabco

mbabco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've had the stove for 8 years. In the past I've had this problem but not as severe. I was able to fix it then by cleaning out the "Venturi w/Chamfer" - part 210913 in the DCS parts catalogue copyright 2006.

How can I go about finding the primary air shutter and how to I get to it to clean it.

Thanks!

#4 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

What gas are you using NG or LP?

Make sure all the ports on the burner are clean.  

How are all the other burners? If your other burner flames are on the loud side you may have to much gas pressure.

If this has been going on for awhile I would get the gas company to check the gas pressure before you make any adjustments.

#5 mbabco

mbabco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ports appear to be clean. IT's Natural Gas. Other burners are fine - just the one.

How about cleaning that "primary air shutter on the orifice side of the mixing tube." ?

Can you tell me how to locate that?

Thanks.

#6 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Sorry for not getting back to this. I found this at another source; Flame lifting is usually caused by excessive primary air, or over-firing of the appliance. Flame lifting can be accompanied by noise at the flame. Without seeing your stove that is the best I can do. If you research gas burners you will see what it means to adjust the primary air shutter. You also may have a problem with the valve to that burner. It may be time for a professional. The one appliance you do not want to screw up is a gas appliance.

#7 mbabco

mbabco

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics