Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mbabco

Uneven Flame - DCS RGS-305 Stove

7 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem on the front burner of my DCS RGS-305 Range. When I turn the flame up as high as it goes, several of the flames on the front left side simply disappear. They seem to work fine at lower heat but on high heat I'm only getting about three-quarters of the flames working. Any help would be appreciated!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Has this been working ok up to this point? Is this stove new to you? May need to adjust and or clean the primary air shutter on the orifice side of the mixing tube.

Edited by suampman

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've had the stove for 8 years. In the past I've had this problem but not as severe. I was able to fix it then by cleaning out the "Venturi w/Chamfer" - part 210913 in the DCS parts catalogue copyright 2006.

How can I go about finding the primary air shutter and how to I get to it to clean it.

Thanks!

What gas are you using NG or LP?

Make sure all the ports on the burner are clean.  

How are all the other burners? If your other burner flames are on the loud side you may have to much gas pressure.

If this has been going on for awhile I would get the gas company to check the gas pressure before you make any adjustments.

Ports appear to be clean. IT's Natural Gas. Other burners are fine - just the one.

How about cleaning that "primary air shutter on the orifice side of the mixing tube." ?

Can you tell me how to locate that?

Thanks.

Sorry for not getting back to this. I found this at another source; Flame lifting is usually caused by excessive primary air, or over-firing of the appliance. Flame lifting can be accompanied by noise at the flame. Without seeing your stove that is the best I can do. If you research gas burners you will see what it means to adjust the primary air shutter. You also may have a problem with the valve to that burner. It may be time for a professional. The one appliance you do not want to screw up is a gas appliance.

Thanks for the help.