Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Stevell

Kenmore range Model # 911.9348810 - Error F2 and F3

4 posts in this topic

This originally started as a problem with the oven element not heating. The relay contactor for the oven had become burned and weak and wouldn't pull in properly. The relay board was changed.

The clock would not stay lit, so I touched-up the solder joints on the ribbon connector between the 2 boards on the ERC. The clock works, but I started getting F2 and F3 errors when trying to use the oven or broiler. Thinking I had somehow damaged the ERC, I ordered a new one (not cheap). Upon installing it (the new Robertshaw ERC) and making the modifications (grounding the wire that goes to Pin 7) and moving the sensor wire to use the connection to Pins 1 and 3 - I still have the same problem. Could this also have something to do with my wife having run 2 cleaning cycles in a row.

The schematic says the sensor goes from 850 to 2650 ohms. When cold, the sensor measures about 1,227 ohms. I was checking the oven temperature with a couple of meat thermometers and at about 300 degrees (which is a hot as it gets) the sensor was reading 2,500 ohms. This is when I get the F2 error and the beeping begins. This continues until the oven cools down.

There appears to be a malfunction with the sensor from the way the temperature reads as the oven warms. It starts out linear 115-120-125-130, then starts to jump 150-175-250-350. When set to 350, the temperature is around 250 in the oven and you can hear the relays kicking in and out to maintain the temp at that level. I want to be sure that there isn't something else to look at other than the sensor before buying another part. Can you tell me the meaning of the error codes? Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Range made by Roper per the model number (911.9348810) both codes show to be caused by the temp sensor

F2 Oven temperature sensor shorted.

1. Replace oven temperature sensor.

F3 Oven too hot.

1. Replace oven temperature sensor.

This page has help on testing the oven temp sensor.

Keep getting a f2 or f3 error on model #911-4548813 can you help me!