Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

DCS CTD304 Gas Range: Cannot remove VENTURI to clean burner system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dsmasuda

dsmasuda

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Had problems with burner flames so decided to clean all four burner systems . Successfully disassembled and cleaned rear 2 burners and front right burner.  HOWEVER, I've encountered a problem with the front left burner: the VENTURI cannot be removed.  I was able to unscrew it about 1/4" and that's it.  It is now freewheeling but cannot be moved either up or down using socket wrench.  

What is stopping the VENTURI from coming off?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

DSMASUDA, If you go to sears parts direct website and put in your mod number, they have a manual download for your unit. If I knew how to link you to it I would. That should help you.

Sorry that is a use and care manual. That will not help you. Can you upload a picture?

Edited by suampman, 27 September 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#3 dsmasuda

dsmasuda

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Can't take much of a picture of the VENTURI part; it's located below the SIMMER RING.  I successful removedand cleaned it for the other 3 burners but this one is not coming out.

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

The tube screws into the jet holder underneath.  There's a possibility that the jet holder is turning with the tube and is jammed, broken, or both.  You may have to cut the nut and tube to be able to lift the top and examine the jet holder for damage.  Whenever I get resistance trying to unscrew a tube, I'll stop right there and quote an estimate to replace the tube and holder, knowing I'll have to cut it out to gain access.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics