Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

andrewinnc

Easy Question, Bulb Type

4 posts in this topic

I have a T721 Asko dryer.  There appears to be housing for an interior drum bulb at the top, just inside the door.  Mine however doesn't have a bulb in it.  RepairClinic doesn't show a bulb as available.  The housing cover states 10W Max.  Is this functional, or is it in my dryer but is for their higher end models?  If I do, can someone tell me what type of bulb belongs there?  I stuck my head in the dryer, and put my finger into the housing.  I couldn't feel a threaded socket. Thanks to everyone for your assistance.  Andrew

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A lot of the time the dryer light is optional but since all the dryers of a given brand have parts in common you might just have a place for a bulb but no socket or wires. Can you see a socket?

I couldn't feel a socket down there, but that isn't sufficient.  I'll try and stick my head back in there again with a light to see if there is anything to make a contact with. 

Anyone else have an idea about whether there should be a light in this dryer or not?  Asko's ability to provide complete info in their manuals is seriously challenged.