Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

drodecker

Is this a Bad Drum Bearing

6 posts in this topic

Whirlpool DUET NIV48161

Spinning the spider on the drum produces a lot of scrambling noise.  Is there possibly something stuck in the drum.

The drum is out of balance or bent it seems; see this video from the front: something stuck in it?

See this 30s video from the back spinning the spider manually.

I need to get a larger rachet socket in order to go further.  Please advise on how to handle.

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Do you own a boat? It looks like you have a new anchor. The drum bearings/seals are shot. How old is the unit?

Whirlpool has been providing the parts for free on many of these machines, but you would have to use an authorized servicer and pay the labor costs.

... See this 30s video from the back spinning the spider manually.

... and only been using HE detergent ?

(sparingly)

Whirlpool has been providing the parts for free on many of these machines, but you would have to use an authorized servicer and pay the labor costs.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm calling the Whirlpool service line to see what they can offer.

... and only been using HE detergent ?

(sparingly)

Asked the wife... and apparently we had not been doing that ;(

You didn't include your model number, and I don't know if you can get a bearing kit for these yet, but apparently there is an aftermarket solution - http://www.yellowvanhandyman.com/washerrepair.aspx

Edited by bigbluediesel