Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MAH5500BWW - Noise while spinning - missing retaining ring?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DigitalDruid0

DigitalDruid0

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

So I took it all apart and found a piece of flat metal down in the sump area of the outer tub...it looked to be the remnants of a retaining ring...somewhat flattened out and about the diameter of the seal/bearing if bent back into shape...but no ends left (with the little holes for using snap-ring tools with...).  I could feel some friction and hear a scraping noise when I rotated the big pulley/inner spin drum by hand...so I figured I'd replace the bearings and seals.

In looking all over the 'net,  I canot find a diagram that shows a retaining ring...either on the front side of the shaft for inner tub or the back (by the big pulley).  I do see seal kits and such, but cannot determine if they have a retaining ring or rings.  These seal kits are substitutions (hopefully improved) for the original part(s), so maybe the ring(s) are not needed?

Hoping someone can tell me if I should expect to see a retaining ring clip or two with the kit.  I ordered the full replacement kit:

Maytag Neptune Washer Laundry Lip Seal Kit 12002022
This kit comes with instructions, early lip seal, revised lip seal, o-ring, bearing#6207-2RS, bearing#6206-2RS and washer kit.
SKU: K0400-7PCS+6206+6207

from The Big Bearing Store (

Looks like the previous post got truncated a bit...can anyone tell me the difference between a early lip seal and a revised lip seal and when to use each one?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics