Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravos MVWB800VQ0 Loud Spin Cycle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vortical

vortical

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Terminal Gravity IPA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

It sounds like a bad bearing. I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace just the bearing (W10119519) or the whole outer tub (W10119519). Some other forums suggested the whole outer tub, but I want to make sure, because the price difference is HUGE.

Will both methods work? If so, is replacing just the $4 bearing that much more difficult than the entire $200 outer tub assembly?

Thanks in advance!

Oops, I misquoted the outer tub assembly part number. It should have been W10193887

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vortical

vortical

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Terminal Gravity IPA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, now I'm not sure that bearing is the right one... after researching more (http://appliantology...eplacement-kit/) it seems as if the outer tub assembly is just as expensive as the bearing/seal kit with the special tool - I only expect to do this once.

#3 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

The guys will help you get the right part, number. You may be able to find online a place to rent the tool, saw some on ebay that rented, leased the tool, dont know what the cost was to rent. I need one of these for my repair business, if you do buy one and want to sell it later message me here, may be able to work a deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics