Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Old/New LG washers/driers stackable together?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hey all,

My old, overused 8-9 year-old LG WM2277HW washer finally needs replacing. It knocks loudly when spinning and you can feel a grinding/looseness while spinning the back of the washer in either direction. The back nut is tight too. Repairclinic.com has the bearings for around $60 but they have notes saying it's a difficult job and LG recommends a new rear drum/bearing assembly. The new rear drum/bearing assembly won't work with the old rotor/stator so all 3 parts end up being about $360. Sounds like too much for an old washer to me.

I had the old LG washer stacked (with the LG bracket kit from way back) with an LG DLG5988W gas drier.

I'm interested in buying a new LG WM2250CW. My old washer/dryer are 27" and the WM2250CW is 27" as well. Will the old dryer stack with the new washer? I compared a picture of the new mounting kit with my old kit that's still on the washer top and they look about the same. 

Will the old dryer mount on top of the new washer either with the old kit or the new one LG sells?

Thanks,

DH

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

OK, I may be willing to replace the bearings now (about $70 or so with a new drum seal) after I saw a 15 minute or so video showing how to replace both of the tub bearings on this video link:

http://www.yellowvan...sherrepair.aspx

I think it was a Duet model he worked on in the video but I'm thinking it would be the same type of work involved for my LG WM2277? It looks like all you did was split the drum case and install the 2 new bearings and a seal if you want and you're done without special tools.

Oh and another thing I didn't mention in the original post here. After the washer started knocking a week or two ago, it wouldn't turn the clothes all the way around like these front-loaders normally do. From what I remember before it would spin one way 4-5X or more (taking the clothes from the bottom of the drum to the top and they would fall down, etc.) and then spin the other way 4-5X or more and then repeat the cycle. Now the clothes (and drum assly) start at about 8-9 o'clock and the drum spins counter-clockwise to about 3 o'clock and then it goes back to 8-9 o'clock without spinning around in a circle 4-5X. The clothes never tumble in the washer anymore from bottom to top and back down again. Is something stripped or would bad bearings or something else cause this to go on?

DH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics