Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher-Paykel DD603 F1 code

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PEvans

PEvans

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

This unit has a the upgraded link supports, lid actuators and mains board as of a year or so ago (thanks to this forum). Now I'm getting an F1 code on both drawers. So what are the next-level possible root causes?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

If neither drawer or inlet valve is leaking and the base is dry, could be a shorted flood sensor on the mains filter board.

#3 PEvans

PEvans

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

There is plenty of water, so the flood sensor is not giving a false reading. The water is under both the upper and lower drawer - so if the inlet valve is the one under the lower drawer, that is probably not it.

I'm perplexed because the link supports and lid actuators are recent upgrades, so I'm not sure what else could cause a leak. It doesn't appear that there was something in the tub keeping the lid from closing, though I guess that is not out of the question. How often do the lid seals themselves fail? What else I should check?

Should I replace the mains filter board as a precaution now that it has gotten soaked?

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

• Lid not closing.

• Overfilling.

• Foaming.

• Not draining.

• Lid seal damaged.

• Dispenser or water softener or their seals leaking.

• Damaged water inlet or drain hoses.

• Leaking heater plate or motor seals, or drain o-ring seals.

• Yoke jammed or broken.

• Inlet hose to inlet valve connection loose.

• Inlet valve body leak.

• Heater plate damage (chipped enamel).

• Dry F1 – PCB mains filter, harness or connectors, electronic controller.

Dry Mains filter with hair dryer, should be fine.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Concur with Brother Chat.  Upper drawer is the source of the leak and I have had to replace the lid assy to correct a leak, usually after replacing the actuators and installing the link retrofit kits.  Provided there's no water or soap traces on the bottom access cover, particularly near the drain hose connection, it could be the upper drawer lid (which comes with LH and RH yokes).

#6 PEvans

PEvans

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I think one of the fold down shelves on the side of the upper tub was out of its slot and up, and that was enough to hold the lid open a bit (not a very foolproof design).

If the problem occurs again I guess I will replace the upper lid assembly.

By the way, the flood sensor is really sensitive - the area under the mains filter board has to be DRY. I mopped up the water in the lower pan, of course. Then to actually get the F1 error to clear I removed the mains filter board cover, unscrewed the board, and lifted it out of position (without disconnecting anything). This allows enough play in the gray plastic mounting assembly that I was able to slide a paper towel underneath. Air drying for several hours is not enough by itself, and I'm not that thrilled about putting heat from a hair dry on those parts. 

#7 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

hair dryer will dry it all out

water will stick onto the mains filter board

water can also get into the wiring and can takes days to dry out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics