Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel GWL10US help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rcr286

rcr286

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:DFH 120min

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

I am trying to get my girlfriend's F&P GWL10 fixed and am running into trouble. About 3 years ago (last time it ran) a tech told her that the pump needed to be replaced because it would not pump water out when needed. ....This is all I have been told.... About a month ago I looked into pumps, and how these things work, and was impressed by the simplicity and cost of parts to repair, so I bought a pump, replaced it with ease, but the machine doesn't work. Now for some specifics:

1. I replaced the pump and plugged the machine in
  2. When it saw power, the machine makes steady, repeating beeps
  3. Additionally, the lights on the panel are lit as such - X  Y  G  X  G  X  X  X  (X = none, Y=Yellow, G=Green, R=Red)
  4. When I push the Power button, nothing really changes
  5. When I push ANY button, nothing changes
  6.       except when I push the Start button
  7. When I push the start button, the beeping stops and the lights are still lit in the above pattern, but the "Spin" LED is lit Red (X Y G X G X X R)

If I let the machine time out, I can get into the diagnostic mode, but cannot get any codes to trip

That's about it. Can anyone let me know what I need to check, replace or reset in order to get this thing to run through a cycle or two? (we need to run something through it after sitting for a couple of years)

Thanks!

Roger

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

104. (01101000) See fault code 106
105. (01101001) See fault code 106
106. (01101010) Display to Motor Controller Module Communications Errors
These faults are reported when the Display Module detects an error in the communications between

the Display Module and the Motor Controller Module.

Primary Source - Pump.
Action: Measure resistance of pump. If resistance is less than 33 ohms, replace pump.

Secondary Source: Display module.
Action: Replace Display module

Tertiary Source - Motor Controller Module.
Action: Replace Motor Controller Module.

If the new Motor Controller Module corrects the fault, refit the original Display Module.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

A bad pump on the Fisher Paykel will take out the main controller.  The new pumps and controllers come with an in-line fuse to help prevent this expensive failure.

#4 rcr286

rcr286

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks guys. Being that it is a newer pump, I'm surprised it is the culprit. I will look for the fuse, but would the controller be working at all if the fuse was blown? I don't have a multimeter nearby, so I am waiting on a friend to loan me one. I will check the ohms as RegUS_PatOff said.

Before going much further, would I even be getting the beeps and information that I am getting if the Display Module was out? Are there any other signs or test methods to find if the Motor Controller Module is the issue?

Thanks again.

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

If this washer hasn't worked for three years then chances are there is no fuse currently in place.  If it was, then the controller would be dead instead of "glitched".

#6 rcr286

rcr286

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Good to know. So, the quick and dirty question is "where is the fuse located?".

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

If a fuse has been installed it will be spilced into the tan wire of the pump wire harness connector at the controller.

#8 rcr286

rcr286

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

No one has installed a fuse. I tracked all wires that were exposed and looked under housing covers last night and could not find anything. I should be able to check the resistance this weekend, so maybe it will confirm both pumps are bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics