Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

You Think You Have Seen It All and Then....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I had one where I went to the house because the customer said there new refrigerator wasn't making ice and also had no water at the door.  When I got there I found out they had no water going to it.  The customer had no idea you needed to run water to it for it to work.  HELLO!

How about a customer saying the ice and water didn't work...when I got there they had the waterline stuck into one of those 5 gal water jugs you see on water coolers.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,611 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

How about a customer saying the ice and water didn't work...when I got there they had the waterline stuck into one of those 5 gal water jugs you see on water coolers.

the real question is whether you kept a straight face or not?

But as for the question of the day... stupid or crazy?

I'm sure they read somewhere that you have to hook the fridge to a water supply. So they ain't crazy, as they took some time to think it through. lol

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#23 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

A fellow tech ran into the same thing the other day.  Customer had a hand plunger style pump rigged to the bottle for extra pressure.  People must be learning this stuff somewhere.....

#24 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

... People must be learning this stuff somewhere.....

http://failblog.chee...m/thereifixedit

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#25 btaggartjr

btaggartjr

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Widmer Citra Blond

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

My 2 favorite "dumbass" calls were a lady that tried to dry a vinyl shower curtain on a heated  cycle in her dryer and blew out the thermostats and melted the thermal fuse and another customer who tried to wash her sons hockey pants in a Maytag Neptune front load washer and cracked the inner door liner.

I work in an apartment complex and I just had this dryer one the other for the first time. He told me "we always put it in the dryer for only a couple minutes, but we just forgot about it this time". It was a 20yr old dryer and we couldn't get a new drum for it anymore, so we gave him an extra one that was the same model. He complained about us not getting a new one for him, so I told him he is more than welcome to pay the full price for a new one and he didn't bring it up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics