Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel Dish Drawer F1 Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Shinnbone

Shinnbone

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

Newbie here and sorry if I failed to find an appropriate FAQ answer to this, but the searching function was to no avail. In any event, my FP 603 Dishdrawer started with an F1 fault yesterday. I drained all of the water out from the drawer that I could see. However, I cannot clear the fault. I unplug and re-plug and press the Lock button and then press again after it beeps, but nothing. Am I doing something wrong or perhaps is the sensor PC board still moist enough to cause a fault? Am I simply SOL?

Thanks,
John

p.s. I got the F1 fault, I believe, when my wife loaded a pointy dish in the bottom of the machine that may have obstructed the spray arm. Just a guess . . .

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kwatt

kwatt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:27 PM

Hi Shinnbone,

I'm not sure what F1 is on a dishdrawer, but if you ask in the AUS/US forums on UKW (see sig) one of the Whirlpool boys on there will know for sure.

What I can tell you is that if you put cups or glasses on the top trays, the fold up ones for *cups*, that are too tall the lid doesn't close right and it can cause a leak. Invariably this can lead to a very expensive electronic control card needing replaced as it's shot.

K.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:35 AM

F1 means the flood switch was activated for more than 6 seconds.  A number of conditions can cause this, one of which is whether or not a flood actually occurred.  Other conditions that can cause an F1:

• Lid not sealing correctly.
  • Water level in tub too high.
  • Leaking water inlet valve.
  • Dishdrawer not priming correctly.
  • Split spray arm.
  • Spary arm not turning freely.
  • Water leak from the drain hose.
  • Water leaking around the heater plate o-rings.
  • Drain hose partially blocked or restricted.
  • Condensation around the chassis flood switch PCB.
[/*]

#4 ktsenya2

ktsenya2

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:26 PM

Is this F1 Fault appearing on Both units or only on the Top Unit?

#5 kingsx

kingsx

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

First I would take out the rack and make sure everything is assembled correctly.

Unplug it and dry all the water below the bottom drawer - then see if it's any happier.

The heater ring and electronic control module are both pretty wimpy on this model.

They are surrounded by - and destroyed easily by water.

These are beasts for the home handyman.

If drying and resetting does not do it.

I would call samauri and pay his planefare to repair it.

good luck

#6 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:00 AM

The best thing to do is turn the power off ,remove the bottom drawer by pushing in the clips on side of the drawer ,just below the round plugs.  The clips are attached to runners, push them back to release the drawer and ( after taking out the rack and spray arm) put the drawer on its r.h.side.  Mop up the all water in the base, then remove the cover that goes over the back L.h. corner, this will expose the mains/flood switch board ( make sure you dry the roof of the drawer before you take the cover off , or water can drip onto the board .....not a good thing!!!:yikes:). 

To remove the cover, push in the clip in the middle front edge of the cover with a flat blade screwdriverand slide the cover foward a bit, then put the screwdriver under the clip and twist up, the cover should now pull off to the right.  Spend a couple of minutes drying the board with a hair dryer and mop up any remaining water ( be careful of the board again).  Refit the cover and switch back on ( you shouldn't need to force the cover on, just slide it on from right to left , but you may have to push down the cover just above the clip to get it to lock once it is located correctly).  If it doesn't F1 again ,all good, if it does , remove cover and redry, and repeat until it doesn't.

To refit drawer, slide out L.h. rail and sit drawer on it, then lift right side of drawer and slide out other rail and sit other side down.  If the rails don't want to slide foward and lock, lift the drawer at the front while sliding the rail fowarduntil the front edge of the rail is just at the clipping gap at the side of the drawer, then make sure the drawer is sitting down firmly on the rails and pull clips foward to lock.  If  the drawer has been clipped in correctly it will slide in and out nicely, if not , look at the back edge of the drawer when it is fully open to see where it is sitting too high  and rectify by refitting  the rail on the affected side/sides.  By this point if any part of the bottom drawer was broken ,you would have seen it.  Also check the top drawer by releasing it and pulling it foward,shine torch in and have a good look.

Hopefully it won't leak again unless ther is a faulty part not visible to the naked:shock: eye, check by running one drawer for a couple of minutes, stop the cycle and open the drawer and check the outsides for water ( don't be too worried if you see water in the bottom between the drawers as it will drip from the roof, unless the drain or fill hoses are split ) ,if ok, run the other drawer and check.   

Remember, if you get to a point where you don't feel confident with what you doing or you think you might break something, leave it and call a professional to do the job,  you may save money in the long run and if you going to expose wires or connections always switch off and unplug before removing the cover, you dont know whats underneath:poison:.

I hpoe this helps someone.

please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#7 dish drawer in Kentucky

dish drawer in Kentucky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

:party:Thank You Kiwi Master Appliantologist!!!   Your instructions worked.  Great detail--Thanks again,

Steve

#8 Lurker_dncav new jersey_*

Lurker_dncav new jersey_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:34 PM

i had an f1 from a power failure. i followed your directions and im up and running

#9 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

Glad I could help, and thanks for the feedback!!!:rocker:

#10 Lurker_Goldie6175_*

Lurker_Goldie6175_*

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

Thanks so much for the instructions -- my husband followed them and everything works!  I can only imagine what a repairman would have charged!:yikes:

#11 Lurker_Desi_*

Lurker_Desi_*

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:25 AM

Great detailed instructions, worked like a champ - thanks!

#12 Oddball

Oddball

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

Many Thanks for the information,

I was sad and thought i was going to have to trash my Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer after only 2 years of loyal service, which is totally pants quite honestly! It was making an awful beeping noise, but after reading the actions mentioned regarding how to clear the fault, i'm now going to be happy again, once i've dried it out!

Cheers

;)

#13 Perky

Perky

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:13 AM

Help! Help!

I did as you instructed Master, and all went well. I was thrilled, but pride come before a fall and I come again to seek enlightenment.

I ran through the instructions and popped everything back together. As planned no nasty beeping and I put the bottom unit on to a 12 minute cycle. I let it run to the end and no issues. :D

I proceeded to repeat with the top unit. Sadly, about a minute or two into the cycle water started pouring out of the RHF corner. I opened the drawer and found the top edge of the unit to be very wet on the RHS. The LHS was much dryer. I have removed the upper unit and the inside of the chassis is soaking, but only on the RHS. It appears that the lid or top is not closing properly on that side. (At this stage both units were empty, so no chance of a large object holding the lid up and preventing a seal.)

Any suggestions?

#14 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

[user=0]Goldie6175[/user] wrote:

Thanks so much for the instructions -- my husband followed them and everything works!  I can only imagine what a repairman would have charged!:yikes:

guess what,he IS a repairman !!!  and how much did he charge you??  not enough if you haven't yet donated to the beer fund.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#15 dish drawer in Kentucky

dish drawer in Kentucky

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

:) Make sure that the support rails on BOTH sides are fully engaged to their latches at the front of the drawer.  Same happened to me after original flood, and I found that I had not fully latched the support rail at the right front.  It made the drawer a little askew therefore not allowing a proper lid seal.

#16 tection99

tection99

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for your advice you saved my a bunch of money :D:bananadance:

#17 mnevar

mnevar

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:41 AM

I have a real stupid question. I have a DD603 with the integrated panel, so no LCD display. About a month ago, the top drawer started beeping (2 beeps) and some motor is running. Didn't matter if the drawer was opened or closed. Pressing the power button (one on the left) stopped it, but only for a few seconds. Only way to stop it was to unplug the unit.  We were too busy to look at it, and after a long vacation, we plugged it back in. No beeps. We tried running the bottom drawer and it worked fine. The next day we tried running both drawers and that worked as well. The next day we ran only the top drawer and now both drawers are beeping. I removed the bottom drawer and found a troubleshooting guide attached to the back of the unit. That wasn't much help. I did the lock and start button thing, but soon after pressing the powe button, the unit goes back into beeping mode with a motor running. The guide doesn't really explain what the LEDs indicate. At least not that I'm confident in.

So, does the double beeping indicate anything? Any help is greatly appreciated.

#18 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:07 PM

There will be water in the base pan.  Follow the expertly written and very comprehensive instructions earlier in the post regarding the fixing of your problem.  The fault code on an intergrated unit is displayed on the top of the drawer . If the rinse light is on this indicates an F1 fault. 

#19 mnevar

mnevar

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. I had finally figured out the fault code sequence just after I posted my question, but it still didn't help. Believe it or not, in the last 2 months my wife has not killed me for not getting this fixed. Late last week, however, this changed. So I dove back in and got the machine running again. It wasn't hard. After 2 months everything was dry. Ran a rinse cycle in each unit and all was well. Ran a load in the upper unit and it faulted again. This time I checked for water in the pan and found some. Also on top of the lower unit. After some inspection, I think I see a split in the drain line in the upper unit. Also, the white retainer is broken. I tried clicking on the site's parts button, but Fisher Paykel is not listed and after a search on google, I'm not any closer. I saw in another thread on this site that someone ordered directly from FP, but their (FP) site has no obvious way to get parts. Any suggestions? I saw someone here (another thread) say they patched a drain line, but do you know what to use?

#20 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

IF the link support is broken, this will be causing the leak as it gets between the seal and the drawer and creates a gap in the seal.

Phone F+P customer services local office PH# (should be availiable on the web site, but the Canada # is 1-888-936-7872 ).  Ask them to send you 2 link supports,  and they might just do it!!  It always pays to do both at the same time as the new style support is much stronger.

Good luck!;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics