Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel Dish Drawer F1 Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mahnie

Mahnie

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:50 AM

It will indeed cost you to the tune of almost $400 to replace both support systems.  That was the $95 to come out, $179 each installed minus the labor for the second which they nicely let us off!  Ridiculous to pay half the cost of a new ordinary dishwasher when the units are less than 3 years old.  We were told that it will not happen again given the new metal (not plastic) supports.  Great but what next?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:57 PM

Aww, crizzle! Looks like I need to double all my prices again. Yer man's got a lovely markup going on that link support kit.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#23 asteysn2

asteysn2

Asteysn2

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle, Watneys, Stone's IPA

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:13 PM

$400 to replace 2 link supports is an outrageous price to pay.
Yes, its possible to run a repair bill up to that point, but it would have to entail replacing all four lid motors, both link supports and the mains filter board. And THEN you'd better be sure that your customer is wealthy enough to not care what you charge cause you would STILL make one HEALTHY profit!
As many here already know, being an authorized servicer in this area (San Diego North County Coastal),I see a good many Fisher & Paykel this and that, and I have yet to have charged anything more that $350 to replace all those said parts. Anybody that charges $400 for just two link supports is plain sticking it to you over and above the kind of reaming G.E. gives its customers.
Ok, Ok, once I did charge about $600 to repair a 603 that caught fire, but then there were a LOT of parts to change and the time alone was 3 hours, but thats the exception here...
By far, the link supports and Lid Motors are the culprit in all F1 error situations by a country mile, with an erronious Mains Filter Board causing about 5% of the angst. A leaking fill or drain line in a 603 unit is almost unheard of.
As far as the boards being flaky, I disagree, Fisher Paykel makes quite reliable boards in my estimation. I seldem need to change them.

Robert Sankie
Coastal Appliance, Heating & A/C
www.coastalappliances.com
Robert Sankey
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
email: coastalserve@gmail.com

#24 Mahnie

Mahnie

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:27 AM

Robert

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion.  Unfortunately there is only one FP service agent in our big metropolitan area (FP gave us two names and one said they did not do it anymore) and it was the day before Thanksgiving so when they could come that day we were pleased.  We normally would try and troubleshoot problems with appliances ourselves but regretfully didn't in this case - thought it would be too complicated and that a leak situation might be tricky to diagnose.  Also because of the big noise the machine alarm made we had to turn off the power supply and that took out another nearby electric point we used a lot.  I am not sure that complaining to the company who serviced it would do much at this stage.  We were obligated to pay the $95 come out fee anyway.  Seeing what it took to install the support retrofit (10 mins each at most once the drawers were on the floor) we could have done it if we had been able to see that that was the problem and could have bought the parts!  Definitely feel sick about it but in future we will not rush to get repairs done - just come to this forum and be grateful for the donated time and advice from people like you.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics