Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dryerman45

GE WASHER

12 posts in this topic

Dear Master,

This wasger starts this at 6 minutes and does it till end of cycle.Could you watch this video and shed some light on this dishonorable GE washer

SAMANERA 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

could you do a video with the Lid open ?

(Lid Switch by-passed)

Well its at customers house.It is agitating.When you open the lid it stops ,so I dont think the lid switch is bypassed

SAMANERA

by-pass the Lid Switch while you take another video with the Lid open

Sounds to me like the classic GE motor start/stop that usually requires replacement of the motor kit with new wire harness/relay and capacitor and newer style motor with flywheel instead of a clutch.

Somewhere in these forums is a way to fix these motors, I believe a wire to the low speed windings breaks so that every time the centrifugal switch opens to remove the start windings and switch from high speed windings that it starts on to the low speed windings the motor slows down closing the centrifugal switch and repeats causing the stutter.

So it's find and fix broken wire or replace the motor kit at over $200 for motor kit alone, usually not an economical repair if you have to actually replace the motor kit, (by the way no model number was supplied to see what you actually have).

Yes, I agree but would like to have the model number of the washer. The motor switch is likely failing. It is not a normally serviceable part but I have repaired them. If you are handy/mechanically inclined, I can advise on how to get into the switch. As a temporary fix, a few inches from the motor connector, cut the blue wire and white wire. Strip both blue ends and the white from timer (leave white from motor hanging). Twist the three stripped wire strands together and put a wirenut on the connection. The problem will stop but washer will only work in high speed.

Eric

Sorry I feel stupid.I can try to get that video,how ever when it was at the 6 min point in cycle I had the front panel off and notice the large part of transmission wasnt moving.I dont know if its suppose to or not.The agitator was a little though.

Ok Samurais,Thanks for the input.The model #WLSE4210AOWW.I think the bypass solution will be acceptable if I could get a little more insight on that from you Masters.

Thank you

SAMANERA

The problem is the motor. At the 6 minute mark in the agitation cycle, it switches to slow speed. The faulty motor switch is causing the motor to continuously cut on/off when going into low speed. The original motor is no longer readily available. You can look for it as part number WH20X10009, or you can replace it with the upgraded motor and kit WH49X10035. You can wire it as I suggested and it will work but only in high speed (even when low speed is selected). You can try to get into the motor switch to repair it. They can buy a new washer. Those are the options.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/WH49X10035/963750

Eric

Thank you eric,

So the blue wire and the white wire on motor connector cut them.Then go to timer cut both blues and the one white strip and wire nut together

Thank you

SAMANERA

No, that's not correct. A few inches from the motor connector, cut the blue wire and white wire. You now have four wire ends. Strip both blue wires and the white wire that leads up to the control panel, not the one that leads to the motor. Twist them together and wirenut them. Leave the other end, white from motor, alone.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56

... a few inches from the motor connector, cut the blue wire and white wire.

... Strip both blue ends and the white (from timer) ... (leave white from motor hanging).

... Twist the three stripped wire strands together and put a wirenut on the connection.

... The problem will stop but washer will only work in high speed.

Eric

mlcw.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0