Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE WASHER

NOISE

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Dear Master,

This wasger starts this at 6 minutes and does it till end of cycle.Could you watch this video and shed some light on this dishonorable GE washer

SAMANERA 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

could you do a video with the Lid open ?

(Lid Switch by-passed)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Well its at customers house.It is agitating.When you open the lid it stops ,so I dont think the lid switch is bypassed

SAMANERA

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

by-pass the Lid Switch while you take another video with the Lid open

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Sounds to me like the classic GE motor start/stop that usually requires replacement of the motor kit with new wire harness/relay and capacitor and newer style motor with flywheel instead of a clutch.

Somewhere in these forums is a way to fix these motors, I believe a wire to the low speed windings breaks so that every time the centrifugal switch opens to remove the start windings and switch from high speed windings that it starts on to the low speed windings the motor slows down closing the centrifugal switch and repeats causing the stutter.

So it's find and fix broken wire or replace the motor kit at over $200 for motor kit alone, usually not an economical repair if you have to actually replace the motor kit, (by the way no model number was supplied to see what you actually have).

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Yes, I agree but would like to have the model number of the washer. The motor switch is likely failing. It is not a normally serviceable part but I have repaired them. If you are handy/mechanically inclined, I can advise on how to get into the switch. As a temporary fix, a few inches from the motor connector, cut the blue wire and white wire. Strip both blue ends and the white from timer (leave white from motor hanging). Twist the three stripped wire strands together and put a wirenut on the connection. The problem will stop but washer will only work in high speed.

Eric

#7 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Sorry I feel stupid.I can try to get that video,how ever when it was at the 6 min point in cycle I had the front panel off and notice the large part of transmission wasnt moving.I dont know if its suppose to or not.The agitator was a little though.

#8 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Ok Samurais,Thanks for the input.The model #WLSE4210AOWW.I think the bypass solution will be acceptable if I could get a little more insight on that from you Masters.

Thank you

SAMANERA

#9 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

The problem is the motor. At the 6 minute mark in the agitation cycle, it switches to slow speed. The faulty motor switch is causing the motor to continuously cut on/off when going into low speed. The original motor is no longer readily available. You can look for it as part number WH20X10009, or you can replace it with the upgraded motor and kit WH49X10035. You can wire it as I suggested and it will work but only in high speed (even when low speed is selected). You can try to get into the motor switch to repair it. They can buy a new washer. Those are the options.

http://www.repaircli...49X10035/963750

Eric

#10 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Thank you eric,

So the blue wire and the white wire on motor connector cut them.Then go to timer cut both blues and the one white strip and wire nut together

Thank you

SAMANERA

#11 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

No, that's not correct. A few inches from the motor connector, cut the blue wire and white wire. You now have four wire ends. Strip both blue wires and the white wire that leads up to the control panel, not the one that leads to the motor. Twist them together and wirenut them. Leave the other end, white from motor, alone.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 03 October 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#12 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

... a few inches from the motor connector, cut the blue wire and white wire.

... Strip both blue ends and the white (from timer) ... (leave white from motor hanging).

... Twist the three stripped wire strands together and put a wirenut on the connection.

... The problem will stop but washer will only work in high speed.

Eric

mlcw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics