Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ReliableApp

Whirlpool Duet Washer Tearing Clothes WFW9150WW00

7 posts in this topic

This "sport" generation Duet washer had a torn door bellow and I replaced that.  

-Upon conversing with the customer he stated that the washer "tears" his clothes.  

-I took a very close look inside the drum and baffles and found no culprit that would cause this. 

-24 hours later I get a call saying the washer is tearing the clothes again and now I am on the hook (of course)

Do I need to be aware of some flaw or defect?  How could this be happening?  

Thanks for any help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the front half of the tub chewed up. Sharp edges on the front tub can tear clothes.

How does the machine sound during high speed spin?  Like a jet taking off or banging noise?  Wondering if you're dealing with a bad drum bearing or broken drum support spider which can change the geometry of the inner basket relative to the outer drum and cause clothes snagging problems (among other things).  

there is a service bulitin out on these about replacing the door glass, the original door glass allowed clothing to get inbetween door and boot, new door glass is shaped differently, i dont know what the new part number was, sorry

Edited by sh2sh2

ok great!  Thank you for your replies. Great Advice!  Many thanks.  Will post back!

Thank you thank you for info!  The service bulletin was indeed very helpful!

Its the door - a problem - I wonder if WP will help out my customer?