Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
appliancecare

Maytag Washer MTW6700TQ1 F-71 Error

6 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag washer model # MTW6700TQ1.  Runs through diagnostics fine. Customer says it stops in mid cycle with about 24 min left on the display. Its has one stored error code of F-71 which is not on the tech sheet.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

F 71 is the stored code for Sd or suds.  What kind and how much detergent they are using would be my next thing to check out.

If the detergent and amount check out pull the basket and check the shaft for excessive crud build up.

Edited by Thirstytech

Concur with Brother Thirsty.  Also check for foreign objects at the sump that may float around, allowing for a partial or slow drain that might trick the controller.  Be sure the basket turns freely and engages/disengages properly from drive.

Thank you!

FYI... I had to replaced the drive hub part # 280145 and bearing kit part # W10435302 to solve this problem.  Works fine now!  Turns out that it was stopping mid cycle and giving an OS code too. 

Good find!  Domo for letting us know!