Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko T700 Stops when release power button

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sombat

Sombat

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stout

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I am flummoxed.  I have done a whole gobsmack of work on my Asko T700 dryer and never had any problems.  Last week replaced a broken drum roller, but the thing back together and now I can press the power button and it starts but then as soon as I release the button it stops again.  Power seems to be working fine.  The most logical thing - the overheat button, is in place and I have cleaned ever last bit of lint I can find anywhere.  Could the actual overheat switch be bad?  What else might cause this?  I've tried everything I can think of so any ideas at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly for listening...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

If the overheat button has been reset, then you probably have a bad start switch. If you hold the button, does the dryer heat up?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Sombat

Sombat

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the thoughts.  I was holding the button and it seemed like it was not heating up but I didn't hold it that long.  Let me try again this evening and check back in .  

#4 Sombat

Sombat

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I just got home from work and tried holding the button in.  Drum spins. Blower blows.  Heater apparently does not heat and unit stops as soon as I release the button.    

#5 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

It might seem too coincidental but I have had cases where the motor runs with the button pushed and stops when you let go.  I found it to be the run winding on the motor.  It could be not heating because the motor switch doesn't have enough speed to trip the switch which sends power to the heaters.  Just thought you could check the motor windings to eliminate this suspect.

#6 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

If it doesn't heat when the button ls held, Electrodoc is correct as there's a possibility something other than the switch is causing the problem.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics