Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sombat

Asko T700 Stops when release power button

6 posts in this topic

I am flummoxed.  I have done a whole gobsmack of work on my Asko T700 dryer and never had any problems.  Last week replaced a broken drum roller, but the thing back together and now I can press the power button and it starts but then as soon as I release the button it stops again.  Power seems to be working fine.  The most logical thing - the overheat button, is in place and I have cleaned ever last bit of lint I can find anywhere.  Could the actual overheat switch be bad?  What else might cause this?  I've tried everything I can think of so any ideas at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly for listening...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the overheat button has been reset, then you probably have a bad start switch. If you hold the button, does the dryer heat up?

Thanks for the thoughts.  I was holding the button and it seemed like it was not heating up but I didn't hold it that long.  Let me try again this evening and check back in .  

I just got home from work and tried holding the button in.  Drum spins. Blower blows.  Heater apparently does not heat and unit stops as soon as I release the button.    

It might seem too coincidental but I have had cases where the motor runs with the button pushed and stops when you let go.  I found it to be the run winding on the motor.  It could be not heating because the motor switch doesn't have enough speed to trip the switch which sends power to the heaters.  Just thought you could check the motor windings to eliminate this suspect.

If it doesn't heat when the button ls held, Electrodoc is correct as there's a possibility something other than the switch is causing the problem.