Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung WF203ANS Water left after cycle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 devilslettuce

devilslettuce

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Skol

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have a Samsung WF203ANS that I tested and got a ND code. Found a good amount of debrise in the black hose that connects the drum assembly to the pump. I Cleaned the system out including the pump and output hose. Ran another cycle and system completed in full. Noticed after end of cycle that there is a lot of water in the drum. Removed the hoses from the pump input and output lines. Some water came out of the hoses but less then 1L. Removed the black hose connecting drum ouput to pump input. No water is leaking from the drums exit port but the drum has lots of water inside.

I also manually tested the pump and if its working.

Any suggestions out there Appliance world?

Thanks,

Devilslettuce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 devilslettuce

devilslettuce

Samanera

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

one more update, i've been trying to determine where the water in the drum is exactly as i've inspected the interior of the drum and noticed that I can see through the pin holes in the drum to see the drain hole in the bottome and lots of light coming in yet when i turn the drum i can hear lot of water swishing around inside.

Very confused where this water is located and is it water in a location it just shouldnt be maybe? hense it isn't making its way out to the drain to be pumped out.

oh my help

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

There's usually a little water left in the sump at the base of the outer tub but should not be visible in the inner basket.  You've cleared the restrictions from the hoses and pump.  I'm assuming oversudsing due to improper or too much detergent is not an issue.  The pump runs but could still be the problem.  Some pumps run fine until a load is applied.

#4 devilslettuce

devilslettuce

Samanera

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Senpai, very true about the pump under load, one more piece of info is that I have two identical units that i'm repairing and both have the same issue now, simply runs fine but i can hear water left over inside. Ill try a run with clothes in it and see if the clothes are dry after a cycle or are they wet.

on another note:

also one unit unfortunately shakes a lot more during the spin to the point it moves about 3-4 inches where are the other unit that runs smoothers moves only about 0.5 " at any given time. Worn struts seem possible? I can't find any mechanical issues with the drum or its mounting.

oh the fun of fixing things.

#5 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, those struts are suspects!  They are relatively cheap and easy to replace.  I'd go for it if I was you.

#6 devilslettuce

devilslettuce

Samanera

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thanks Electro_doc

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

The water you are hearing sloshing around is the liquid in the balance ring on the front of the drum.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 devilslettuce

devilslettuce

Samanera

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Sensei,  Thanks for the post, Washers are an area i'm working on learning at the moment, ranges, dishwashers, and fridge units are more my skills todate.

I ran a load of clothes last night and they are appropriatly spun dry for a washer thats for sure. Yes i do still hear the water in the balance ring. Is this an issue? can I remove it or it is what it is?

all the best guys and This is a great forum, i look forward to helping others as well. thanks,

#9 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

you don't need to remove it, as it is supposed to be there.  It helps the washer balance itself during the spin cycle.  Kind of works as a counter weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics