Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool WFC7500VW1 washer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Whirlpool WFC7500VW1 washer.  Customer complaint: leaves clothes very wet at end of cycle.

Test mode high spin works just fine.  All components test ok.  I replaced main control and door lock and switch.  Test mode high spin again works fine.  Drain and spin cycle works fine. Door switch definitely closing. Customer calls back later, still leaves clothes very wet at the end of the cycle.

Any ideas?

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I would suspect a slow drain; are there any error codes? Check the pin trap on the pump. It could be siphoning water back out of the sewer if the washer's drain hose is stuck too far down the standpipe. Third, there could be a motor/ motor control issue.

#3 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

No error codes, normal drain time into an open pipe that flows well. I thought maybe motor/motor control, but it works every single time on test mode or drain/spin cycle.

- David

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Have you actually seen the problem the customer is describing?  If I can't duplicate the complaint, I ask the customer to load it up and run it, with detergent, the way they normally do.  I watch how much and what type of detergent they use but don't say anything.  Then I babysit the cycle.  Sucks but I'll use the time to log on to Appliantology or vox with Durham, appl.tech, and others, and catch up on email.  :)

#5 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Have you actually seen the problem the customer is describing?  If I can't duplicate the complaint, I ask the customer to load it up and run it, with detergent, the way they normally do.  I watch how much and what type of detergent they use but don't say anything.  Then I babysit the cycle.  Sucks but I'll use the time to log on to Appliantology or vox with Durham, appl.tech, and others, and catch up on email.  :)

That was my plan for Monday, but then she called back and said it's working. User error? Oh well. But now her dryer broke so I'll be going back anyway.

- David

#6 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Perfecto................Get the customer to run a load as the dryer is being repaired.....It could have been " the perfect load" for the customer to call and say that it is working O.K.........Have had to babysat more than once to pick-up the 'original complaint'.

#7 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Sounds like either a problem with the drain or water valve not shutting off completely every time.
I've seen the valve be leaking slowly, washer shuts off clothes are good. By the time they come to throw in the dryer later water has seeped in and made clothes wet.

Edited by tpoindexter, 05 October 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics