Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Refrigerator inverter compressor

Inverter compressor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I am asking for education on refrigerator inverted compressors since I am slow on refrigerator diagnostics.   I have great feedback on a recent refrigerator diagnostic of a 'normal compressor with problems & I read gained some more insight from a most recent topic of hot compressor. 

The who, what, why, & how & especially how to perform diagnostics & tools used in diagnostics of low performing & failed components of these systems.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,608 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Inverter compressors are variable speed compressors. In other words, they go faster and slower depending on need. They don't fail as often and usually the problem will be with the inverter board.

couple of things to remember

#1 do not introduce 120vac directly to the compressor, no hard starts etc otherwise you probably will destroy the compressor

#2 the ohm test is different... usually the same reading on all three pins but some Samsung fridges are slightly different

#3 the inverter board only receives instructions from the mainboard telling it how fast and when the compressor should run but the power comes directly from the main power supply line

#4 basically you check voltage to the board, continuity of the wires from the mainboard to the inverter board and from inverter to compressor. You check to see if the mainboard is sending signals to the inverter and that the inverter is sending power to the compressor. Some manuals will tell you what readings to expect based on whether lines are connected or disconnected so you gotta pay attention.

here is some good reading and some diagnostic info http://appliantology...gnostics-manual

If i missed anything it's because I'm still learning them as well.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

here is some good reading and some diagnostic info http://appliantology...gnostics-manual

Having trouble w/ the link.   Maybe it will work with the quote.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

... Having trouble w/ the link. 

try this link

I think both files listed in this link are the same

http://appliantology...nostics-manual/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics