Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Front Loader filter cleaned - mystery 1/4 inch black hose

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raeben

raeben

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:red wine

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

While I was at work this week my adult daughter got the F2 error on our family's Whirlpool front loader.  She disassembled the pump and filter and cleaned it out. When she reassembled she still got the F2 error, so she tried a few "button/reset sequences" she found on the net and finally gave up. She thinks we need a new pump. 

She left the pump and hoses, which need replacement or cleaning, disassembled.  

So this morning my husband and I start the reassembly and troubleshooting procedure.  I found a penny in the large, black, flexible exit hose that feeds into the pump, but otherwise everything connected to the pump and the pump appears to be functioning. 

However, there is a 1/4 inch black hose about 2-3 feet long which is dangling down and no one seems to know what it is or where the dangling end should connect to.  Several people seemed to think it was some sort of "vent hose" which I thought was unlikely, but I can find no mention of it, so I let it dangle.  

Running Rinse/Drain/Spin cycle no serious problem encountered... we do have a slow leak around the door seal, but that's all. 

Running the Delicate cycle however,  the 1/4 inch black hose spew water to beat the band.  The tank also appears to be overfilling with water and oversudsing although so far no error messages have appeared.  

Clearly repair by committee is not working.  :(

Does anyone know what this 1/4 inch black hose is and where should the dangling end go? The hose appears to starts about half way up the tank on the right side. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bigbluediesel

bigbluediesel

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Dr. Pepper :P

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

The gurus will want the model number, so you might as well get that posted before they get here. :wink:

#3 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Could be the water level sensor hose ... one end connects to back of the tub, the other end to a pressure sensor likely mounted at top of the cabinet (accessible by removing the top panel).

You've got the lower panel off to access the pump, and presumably the disconnected end of the hose in-hand.  "Dangling down" infers the other end is connected somewhere, perhaps to something up higher inside the machine that you can't see?  (which case the hose is disconnected from the tub)

Or is the 2- to 3-foot length of the hose mostly laying loose on bottom of the machine, with one end connected perhaps somewhere on back of the tub?  (which case the hose is disconnected from the pressure sensor)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics