Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Troubleshooting the F35 Sud Error Code in the Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer

Whirlpool washer steam pressure sensor aps F35 Sud

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,394 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

The dreaded F35 / Sud error code combo has befuddled many a fine tech.  Join The Appliance Guru as he tracks down the elusive and enigmatic F35/Sud error code in a Whirlpool Duet Steam washer and reveals some tricks for diagnosing this problem.

Here's the link to the Analogue Pressure Sensor (APS) that I replaced to fix this problem:  http://www.repaircli...628?RCAID=24038

If you live in the Kearsarge-Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire, call The Appliance Guru for fast, expert appliance repair service: http://ApplianceGuru.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Way to ferret out the problem! Your theory seems sound. So we should tell customers to ignore detergent instructions and follow machine manufacturer's instructions but modify the amount depending on detergent strength ie regular or double concentration?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

So we should tell customers to ignore detergent instructions and follow machine manufacturer's instructions but modify the amount depending on detergent strength ie regular or double concentration?

For cases where the label is giving idiot directions and telling the customer to use too much, absolutely!  As far as I know, all the big commercial brands, including Woolite, instruct customers to use two to four times too much detergent.  Some of the boutique brands (e.g., Shaklee) give correct usage amounts on their label.  

HE detergents are pretty much all the same chemistry so the usage amount is the same regardless of brand.  The only variable is the concentration.  The correct detergent usage amounts are:

HE: 2 tablespoons

HEx2: 1 tablespoon

HEx3: 1 teaspoon

#4 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Great video.Keep making them. :thanks:

#5 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Put a little Bag Balm on those fingers Scott!

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

It's always fun to complete a repair and watch the lady toss that first load into the now working machine, until she grabs the soap bottle and puts in as much soap as the cap will hold.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

lol but too bad he's such a nice guy. If it was me, I'd post you a close up video of a nice creamy bag balmed-smoothed middle finger, rotating it slowly making sure you get every possible point of view while asking "is this better?" It may not be PC but it'll certainly be hilarious. I guess that's why he runs such a great site and I don't. lol

#8 RedToryTy

RedToryTy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness Stout

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Scott, I'm not going to tell them to get another detergent. As a recovering educator and Catholic economist, I'll teach 'em dosage instructions and sell them an additional tablespoon scoop.

Mr. Tyrus Lee Smith
Owner-Operator, Smith's Appliance Service
701 Baldwin Falls Road
Baldwin, Georgia 30511-2108
706-778-3411

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Dayyam, reviewing the video I see that I had some monster donkey dicks sticking out of my fingers below the cuticles.  I can see how that would be distracting.  I'll pay more attention to that in future videos.  Thanks for making me aware of it, Kirk-- I really appreciate all feedback, on content as well as production!   

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

nice and smooth

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Bean, another one of my favorites

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Whirlpool, washer, steam, pressure sensor, aps, F35, Sud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics