Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Crosley, front load washer, What ever When Ever

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Model is CAH4205awj, got the TS sheet here, thanks for the copy. Was brought to shop, codes 23 door failed to un lock, and 06 locked rotor.
Cleared all codes, put in service mode, did cycle test no problems. Ran full wash cycle NPF (no problem found.

Ship it home, it wont drain all water out, weak pump, got that figured out, but in service cycle, would not do the 7/3 agitate in cycle. Spins fine. Spin test also checks all good.

I pulled j-4 and it does the 50 rpm test fine, however pressing pause stop would not end the test, touned off, and it still did not stop. had to un plug.

Tested motor windings all good in the hood.

Tested the high low water level, dry test, good. Then I even added water manually in tub, low sensor worked, swithced to high sensor indicator, it also indicated.

So now I ask, how do the pcbs, controller signal, each other. The panel board, does it, is it responsible for telling the motor control board to agitate, or spin. Saw there is only one input to the motor board from the main panel control.

Does it send 5vac for agitate (as an example) and then maybe a 10 vac or dc signal to spin.

Once the motor controller gets its order, for french fries or hambugers, or a cold brew then it runs the system accordianly, unless of course a pop top has shorted out the fryer, or the grille burner, )(agitate or spin program)

I see the motor has three windings, center tap is white, assume it's netural, but also figure polarity is switched inside of motor board to make it reverse or go foward.

I want to eliminate motor leads as the problem, because they seem to be common, spin would not workey at all the three different RPMs IF there was a open or short.

so who is the master and how can I tell if the main board is sending a order, to agitate, and the slave Motor controller is not working or only when ever it wants to. The contol signal, out put , is that a variable signial or constant.

Oh it's working just fine at the moment, we know how that goes. Thinking about taking it down one of thes old Mississippi Gravel road for a country road trip. Target practice with the 7 Mag may be in order lol.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

so who is the master and how can I tell if the main board is sending a order, to agitate, and the slave Motor controller is not working or only when ever it wants to. The contol signal, out put , is that a variable signial or constant from the main control board.

Read more: http://appliantology.../#ixzz2gzNUDpdt
Follow us: fixitnowsamurai on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics