Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag neptune mde6800a won't start

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jlandis

jlandis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:beer

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I have the dryer listed above.  It started and then would not start again.  I have power and the lights are blinking.  I think that is because I tried to put it into the diagnostic mode.  However now that it is in there it will not bring up any codes and just keeps going through this blinking.  I cannot get it to exit the diagnostic mode and it will give me nothing in it.  It seems like the control board is just not operating correctly.  Hard to make any other diagnosis with this not working at all.  Can you help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

... I cannot get it to exit the diagnostic mode

have you tried un-plugging the Power Cord or re-setting the House Circuit Breaker ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

wait about 10 min befor plugging it back in.  this may let the computer reset itself.  Worth a try!  Good one Grand master!

#4 jlandis

jlandis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

That doesn't seem to make any difference.  I have unplugged it numerous times and left it for over 8 hours unplugged.  It still comes back in the mode that appears to be a diagnostic mode.  The lights all go on but at different intervals successive until they all go on at once.  Then they all go off and start over again.......

#5 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

buy a new board from repair clinic and try it.  If that's not it you can return it.  I'd venture to say there is an above average chance it's the control board.  I wouldn't bet my house on it but it sounds like the board is stuck now  and probably needs to be replaced. That's what I would try.  Maybe someone else has a better idea.

#6 jlandis

jlandis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thanks, that is what I suspected.  I will wait for other ideas, but that is my guess as well.

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

It's hard to tell if the main control is bad, or if it's the user interface when nothing responds.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

It should however at least reset itself if unplugged.  I agree it is hard to tell but if the control is not responding to any input, dosen't it sound like it's bad to you?

#9 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

I take that back, It could also be a shorted membrain on the control panel.  So sorry for the miss information.  I could probably do more in a way of diagnosing the problem if I was there but down here in Costa Rica what I do is put in a new control panel and see if that fixes it.  In the previous post I said it should reset itself however it won't if the control panel is shorted.  That happens alot down here as we have high humidity and moisure seems to mess these things up.  I know with the proper scimatic you can test the touch pad but I don't have the luxury of that stuff so my only option is to change it and see.  It's also the cheepr of the two options.  Again, good luck

#10 jlandis

jlandis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Thanks,  let me run one stupid thing by you.  When I bought this dryer it had a four prong plug on it.  I have a three pronged outlet so I changed the plug on the dryer from my old one.  is there any chance that this could cause such a problem?

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

... Thanks,  let me run one stupid thing by you. 
... When I bought this dryer it had a four prong plug on it. 
... I have a three pronged outlet so I changed the plug on the dryer from my old one. 
... is there any chance that this could cause such a problem?

:woot:
pictures ?
If not wired correctly, it can blow out the Controller and the Motor

... Center wire to the center post on the terminal block,
... the two outside wires to the outside posts on the terminal block,
... run a ground wire from the center post on the terminal block to a ground screw on the dryer case...

th?id=H.4655002717389825&pid=15.1

copper strap (center) must be connect center terminal to chassis

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics