Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel E522B - how do i get at the freezer element?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MattyD

MattyD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:T

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to get at the freezer element inside the freezer compartment in my F&P E522B .   It seems like you need to remove the side panels with the drawer sliders on to get out the rear panels and see the condenser etc , but i cannot work out how to remove the side panels - no screws, clips or lugs visible.

It feels as it if should slide out horizontally, but I don't want to break something.

Any suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,404 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I don't see many of these. Maybe this will help

P0709014-00002.png

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 MattyD

MattyD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for the diagram - it's piece 30 I'm trying to remove - I am now thinking that the metal runner/sliders themselves may be somehow clipping the two things together - but again no screws or anything.

Does somebody with higher security clearance have access to the F&P  service manual?

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,404 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

the service manual does not mention how to remove the rails. It discusses how to remove evap cover only.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 MattyD

MattyD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Yes, I paid the fees and downloaded the manual.  I then just pulled the rear panel really hard, and it deformed enough to get past the side rails and come out.

The evaporator was fine - not iced up, the drain hole was a little blocked.   There seemed to be a series of downwards vents from the fridge compartment which  were completely blocked by ice - I presume this might have prevented cold air being drawn up from the freezer properly.   Anyway it's now al been cleared and I have the diagnostics information to use to find out what's going on.

Thanks again.

#6 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

when you look at the side panel you see the 2 lugs up the back of it

grab your pliars and pull on the top and at the same time get your fingers up the back edge and as it starts to pull out you

pull hard on it as there is a locating lug underneath that you cannot see

this allows you to then slide the whole panel forward to removed

check your seals and door closing , i bet the doors have been open at some stage allowing air in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics