Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MattyD

Fisher and Paykel E522B - how do i get at the freezer element?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to get at the freezer element inside the freezer compartment in my F&P E522B .   It seems like you need to remove the side panels with the drawer sliders on to get out the rear panels and see the condenser etc , but i cannot work out how to remove the side panels - no screws, clips or lugs visible.

It feels as it if should slide out horizontally, but I don't want to break something.

Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I don't see many of these. Maybe this will help

P0709014-00002.png

Thanks for the diagram - it's piece 30 I'm trying to remove - I am now thinking that the metal runner/sliders themselves may be somehow clipping the two things together - but again no screws or anything.

Does somebody with higher security clearance have access to the F&P  service manual?

the service manual does not mention how to remove the rails. It discusses how to remove evap cover only.

Yes, I paid the fees and downloaded the manual.  I then just pulled the rear panel really hard, and it deformed enough to get past the side rails and come out.

The evaporator was fine - not iced up, the drain hole was a little blocked.   There seemed to be a series of downwards vents from the fridge compartment which  were completely blocked by ice - I presume this might have prevented cold air being drawn up from the freezer properly.   Anyway it's now al been cleared and I have the diagnostics information to use to find out what's going on.

Thanks again.

when you look at the side panel you see the 2 lugs up the back of it

grab your pliars and pull on the top and at the same time get your fingers up the back edge and as it starts to pull out you

pull hard on it as there is a locating lug underneath that you cannot see

this allows you to then slide the whole panel forward to removed

check your seals and door closing , i bet the doors have been open at some stage allowing air in